Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetComputer Networking · 4 weeks ago

What is this white Phillips box on my modem?

Separate from the old modem and router was attached a square, flat-ish device with an Ethernet and phone wire, I think. There's no name or anything else I can say to help identify it. What does it do?

3 Answers

  • 4 weeks ago

    It sounds like a micro-filter.  It's kept separate because filtered faceplates are a better option.  But if you don't have a filtered faceplate then the microfilter is a necessity

  • 4 weeks ago

    Call the manufacturer.Phone has to be in manual.

  • 4 weeks ago

    It's difficult to see from the picture that YOU haven't provided.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.