Why aren’t there more buff women in anime?

What are the writers afraid of? Like if all the characters are going on this magical adventure and fighting and training every day wouldn’t it make sense?? I see plenty of anime men with six packs but what about the girls? They should be absolutely stacked too. 

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 days ago

Because, most women aren’t buff, ya’ dummy.

Source(s): Common sense
  • 3 weeks ago

This really annoys me especially in Boku no hero academia because every single one of the dudes is ripped and then there's the girls who get nothing, but still get the same training and work just as hard.

• Diana
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Do an image search for Project A-Ko.

• 4 weeks ago

Both sexes are basically preprogrammed by evolution and genetics as to what they find attractive in the opposite sex.  For men, we're mostly looking for women that look feminine.  It's not that some men might not find more muscular women attractive, but it's a minority.

And since the majority of anime viewers are male...well...I mean, the term is 'sex sells' and as much as we may WANT it to not be the truth, it IS the truth.  

What's more, it's not actually the case that women (or men) just naturally get six packs.  You have to do ALOT of ab exercises to get great abs.  If you look at people who get strong just doing work, they don't tend to have the kind of well-defined musculature you see on fitness magazines or in movies.  Those are show-muscles.  

Now, if you look at women in MMA, you can see more muscular development, but be aware that those women tend to be doing a lot of … let's call them 'supplements'.  A naturally strong woman...say one doing farming or medieval fighting .. probably would NOT be bursting at the seems with bulging or well-defined muscles.  Quite frankly, even the men would probably tend to look smoother than they do, but the women ESPECIALLY because the lack of oodles of natural testosterone means they just won't develop that way.  

I think a great way to put it is to look at the difference between a body builder and a strongman competition contestant.  Note how much smoother and less defined the strongman contestant is.  And yet, they are STRONGER.  Because well defined muscles are for show.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Muscular women 99% of the time aren't very attractive to straight men. But I do like some women with abs. Just not muscular all over the place like a man. Most animators likes to appeal to audiences that they know they can get a lot of money from. So making a lot of muscular women wont really bring in the big bucks. Why do you think most anime girls are short and kid like? Because that's what most Japanese men likes.

• 4 weeks ago

They represent the beauty in power. Perhaps.

• Tangi
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

There are quite a few actually.

Sofia in Jormungand, Maki in Fire Force, Reiko in Outlaw Star, Yukina in Kabaneri, Mikasa in SnK, and a lot more.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.