Help? Consider the following two equations ?
Consider the following equations:
1. 2MnO4- (aq) + 5C2O4^2- (aq)+ 16 H+ (aq) 2Mn^2+ (aq) + 10CO2 (g) + 8 H2O(l)
In this reaction,
A) carbon is reduced and manganese is oxidized.
B) carbon is reduced and hydrogen is oxidized. C) manganese is reduced and hydrogen is oxidized.
D) manganese is reduced and carbon is oxidized.
2. KlO3 (aq) + 5Kl(aq) + 6 HCl(aq) —> 3l2 (aq) + 3H2O(l) + 6 KCl(aq)
Which of the following statements about this reaction is true?
A) Iodine is oxidized and potassium is reduced
B) iodine is reduced and potassium is oxidized
C) Iodine both oxidized and reduced
D) chlorine is oxidized and hydrogen is reduced
- Roger the MoleLv 74 weeks agoFavorite Answer
1. D) manganese is reduced and carbon is oxidized.
2. C) Iodine both oxidized and reduced