Laptop Boot Problems?

can someone help me? my laptop without any charger & was just plugged on directly on an outlet takes a really long time to boot/ it takes really long time for the power button to light up. what do you think is the problem?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Well, first you say without a charger and then you say it's plugged directly to an outlet, so there had to be a charger in there somewhere.  

To answer your question, the charger either gives enough power to the system or it doesn't. It does not slow down the boot.  What DOES slow down the boot is the equipment in the laptop.  When a computer boots up, the first thing it does is check all the different pieces of hardware to make sure they are in working order.  If so, you get a "POST BEEP"  A single beep usually, which says 'Yep, everything is good to go!' and then begins the boot sequence.  

So, you start by checking each piece of equipment. Unplug any peripherals that you can, and see if this boots a bit qicker.  It's just a guide to see if things are being slowed by the peripherals.    A tech might need to get into the motherboard and check things, but I'm going to shotgun this a bit and have you look at the battery.  Try running the laptop without the charger, using only battery power.  See how long it lasts.  If it doesn't last very long, try booting the laptop without the battery installed and see if it boots any quicker.  This is not a tried and true test, but it can be something the end user can test for a better idea of what is going on. What it may come down to is buying a new battery - again, not an answer, just an idea.  

• 4 weeks ago

YOU are the problem.  Your trolling is absolutely rubbish.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.