Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 3 weeks ago

Can’t Download Windows 10 ISO File on Mac?

Hi, is anyone facing the same issue where the ISO file can't be downloaded? I went on to Microsoft website, selected Windows 10 under the May 2020 update and clicked confirm. Then, a error message is returned and I can't seem to find a way to continue with the downloading process. Is there something wrong with Microsoft at the current moment or am I missing some previous steps? Thank you and I appreciate all the help possible! 

Seems like Microsoft website had some sort of maintenance just now, it works fine now, thank you for helping! 

• 3 days ago

It should work definitely

• Lv 7
  • Bill-M

Go to the Microsoft Media Creation Tool Web Site;

Click on Download Tool Now (second option).

The Tool will be a EXE file you will find in your Downloads Folder,  run it.

Then when you run the Tool you will see options to download the ISO.

Web Site: https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/...

Microsoft detected that the Windows 10 for PCs version won't run on your machine.

Destination of the ISO file should be a USB data stick or thumb drive, not the bootable system disk that has MacOS.

Windows and Microsoft error messages are important. WHAT error did you get? 

Edit: Ah, that was prob what the error was about. Glad you got it sorted!  

Is the iso bigger than your filesystem can handle? For instance if for some reason your destination filesystem is formatted in fat32  and  win10 is is bigger than 4 gb, it won't be able to finish