What do you think of J.K Rowling not backing down over her comments on the issue of TRANS people and even adding to her other statement.?

So are you shocked and surprised that far from her just dropping the whole issue, J.K Rowling has made it worse by adding to it with her statement recently, when she said how she believes those who keep forcing children to change their gender through drug treatment, will be considers as bad as those's who were involved in conversion therapy. 

Plus she seems to say that she has a lot of those within the homosexual community (both males and females) who have the same fears of slowing eradicating those who are really just Homosexuals (again both male and female) but keep on being persuaded at a very young age, that they must just have been born into the wrong body, and so need to change their gender.

• Peter
    Favorite Answer

Why should she back down? Everyone is entitled to their opinion, I agree with her comments.

I think you should ask your question in a more relevant category, such as society and culture. This is for advice on YOUR own issues with  families and relationships. And if this pertains to YOU, then include it in your posting, please.

• not

"she believes those who keep forcing children to change their gender through drug treatment, will be considers as bad as those's who were involved in conversion therapy".

I also believe the same as she does. The idea that there is something wrong with saying that. The idea that she should be silenced because she said something that someone else doesn't want to hear is what is wrong. By all means prove me wrong. But prove me right while throwing caution aside you will not just be wrong but be dead wrong, horribly wrong, life destroying wrong. 

Parents regularly have a hard time letting a child grow into who they are. They often overplay their hand. Why not in this instance as well?

Not all homosexuals. But effeminate gay men will surely be affected by this social contagion. I believe 20 percent of gay men are feminine. May be JK Rowling is too big to cancel? She is right though.

JKR isn't interested in helping transgender people, if she were she'd be professionally educated on transgender issues and not self educated, she'd be working from within the system to affect the change that ""she"" claims is needed, instead of public rants spewing decades old debunk right wing talking points with the soul effect of stoking and fueling a culture war.

JKR is an avid supporter of Maya for her stance on transgender people, as such Maya and Maya's court case is direct reflection on JKR, This is what a judge in Maya's case had to say about Maya and by extension her supporters JKR;

"I conclude from this, and the totality of the evidence, that the Claimant is absolutist in her view of sex and it is a core component of her belief that she will refer to a person by the sex she considered appropriate even if it violates their dignity and/or creates an intimidating, hostile, degrading, humiliating or offensive environment. The approach is not worthy of respect in a democratic society."

No not particularly surprised as cancel cultute has been known to fail time and time again. I'mma just let her keep spouting off. Makes no difference to my life what J K Rowling thinks about trans people.

• As you can see we have a couple professional anti-trans trolls here.

JK Rowling has basically repeated a lot of old TERF talking points about trans people. However, she also uses her own past sexual abuse and spousal abuse history to gain sympathy for her anti-transgender views when the two have nothing to do with each other.

A couple point-by-point responses to JK Rowling:

https://mermaidsuk.org.uk/news/dear-jk-rowling/?fb...

https://medium.com/@brynntannehill/everything-wron...

• Kieth

People have a right to their opinion, tough luck cupcake.

• Koi

She's a woman who wont be bullied by men who try and disguise themselves as woman but wear their male bullying tendencies on their sleeves. And BTW Mermaid is a child-grooming operation. 

I mean, who's the biggest bully on this forum? He's always trying to force his beliefs down our throats. Then he says he's a woman when his behaviour is clearly male!