Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetInternetFacebook · 4 weeks ago

How can i tell if facebook friends have deactivated or deleted their accounts, is there a difference? Why would they do this ?

Ok so i don't go on facebook much so don't really know the ins and outs, but i have 150 friends on there i think and 5 friends are still on my friends list but their pictures are a blank silhouette and i can't click their profiles cos nothing happens when i do. 2 of these people i actually talk to quite a bit, but of the 5 that have done this, it says 4 of them are no longer available on messenger either. I was worried at first thinking they had blocked me, but it's not that. Only one of them still has messenger. I have one of these people's numbers, so i sent a text asking if she's ok she read it but didn't reply. I am absolutely gutted as me and her were getting on like a house on fire.

but I can't tell whether they have deactivated or deleted their accounts is there a way to tell? I thought if it was deleting they would have lost all their friends? Someone help! 

The person i texted is back on facebook now

Facebook is fake book.

Even if you have 5000 friends, there not real.

Most lies, most doesn’t care.  In my opinion it’s going down hill..... they have disabled thousands. They misuse your information.’

Be careful what you write as Facebook owns then...

To sway away from it, turn to Reddit.’’

It will fill the empty spot....

Good luck 

I have walked away from FB as it was boring. They are FAKE friends. No body you really know for sure as thier face picture is that of a chicken.(or something not face) so I never cared.  The people I hang with are real(maybe not as many as 555 friends, but 3 is fine.

• Daniel

ask someone to look up there profile if they can access there profile then you been blocked if they cant access it then they probably have deactivated there account 

A lot of people have discontinued using Facebook. 

Hmmm how weird! Are you sure it's not a glitch of some kind? I'm no expert with facebook, but is it possible they've all been hacked or something? Really strange that they've all gone off at the same time. If it's not that, could they all just be taking a break? Or...i don't actually know what it could be tbh! I feel like if it was deletion they wouldn't even be in your friend list anymore they'd just be gone completely.

Did the girl you texted get back to you? If not then she may just want some alone time or to be off the grid for whatever reason at the moment. She might have read it to show you she's alive. Is she one of those people who is always online? If yes, something really bad must have happened to/with her. Give her some time then try texting her again with a direct question. "Do you want to meet when things are a bit more normal in the world?"

"It would be really nice to see you again sometime soon if you're up for it?" 

But make sure you say if the times not right, do not push it.

A deactivated account, they'll still be within your friends list, you just can't contact them

via facebook until they reactivate it (if you unfriend them however it's as if deleted from

your  friends list). A deleted account is gone as if it had never been there to begin with.