Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 4 weeks ago

If trump wins reelection their will not be any vaccine for covid19, if biden wins there will be a vaccine for covid19 and no more facemasks?

Regardless of who wins, I don't think there will ever be a vaccine. Even if there is one eventually, they often take years to develop and get approved and are not 100% effective. There is still no vaccine for HIV/AIDS after nearly 40 years. Eventually businesses will stop enforcing masks and social distancing.

DNC CENTRAL #states the opposite of truth

false.  the election has nothing to do with whether the pharma industry is successful at this or not

Not with a turn of a dime so fast. But we would have people working diligently on a vaccine. Say whatever you want about Biden. He is a good man. None are perfect. And I can guarantee you Obama didnt choose him out of no place.

A vaccine is coming regardless of president elect and facemasks are "the new normal" for forever now as fall brings new outbreaks of colds, flu, viruses, etc.

Scientists don’t particularly care who the President is. If they get the funding and the vaccine is achievable they will get it done. And not necessarily an  American scientist...

Drugs and Vaccines take an average of 10-12 years to get approved by the FDA.  There still isn't a Vaccine for Zika or Ebola.  I think if you asked 50 people out there which they would rather get Ebola or COVID, I think 49 people would say COVID.  

So anyone who thinks that there will be some miracle vaccine this year, or even 1-2 years...when it comes out be my guest to be the guinea pig and lab rats in the experiment to ward off a virus that for a vast majority of people is no worse than the common cold.  And no to all of you partially reading trolls..I did NOT say it is harmless, there is a very small percentage of the population that it can cause complications. But there are other precautions you can take that don't subject you to a experimental drug.  

As for Face masks...yes come the day after the election, if Biden wins.  It will be almost by some miracle all of the "Mandates" to wear masks will go away, and within a week you the daily COVID updates you hear on the news that take up over half the newscast won't even make a 15 second spot leading into a commercial.  

The Pharmaceutical companies will drag it out as long as they can to keep getting their coffers on Federal dollars, but I strongly suspect that there will be a vaccine in 1-2 years. Now is the time to buy as much stock in Moderna as you possibly can. 

I know this is really hard to believe, but the virus doesn't care about politics or schedules.