Why would a person take a two week vacation from work instead of one?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Marvin
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

If the cost to drive, fly, or whatever to their intended vacation destination is high, most people would opt to fake two weeks.  Lets face it. If you had to spend 2400 on three airline tickets, then it is better to spend two weeks than one and get more vacation out of the cost.

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

Company policy.     

• 4 months ago

In some countries you're REQUIRED to take 4 weeks off at the same time everyone else does, and the company shuts down.  Two weeks is enough to get somewhere, relax for a few days, move to another spot, relax for a few days, then return home.

• Alan
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

One reason.   

You are travelling a long distance where it takes at least a full day of travel both ways.  Or even worse, let's say you have to drive then maybe it will take youtwo days to travel in both direction totaling 4 days of travel in total.  Also, staying longer will offset the cost of traveling if you are flying. If you have to spend 700 (or much more if you have a large family)  to fly where you are going,  does it seem worth for only 5 days at your destination.  So a 7 day vacation would only be 5 (2 travel days)  or 3 day (4 travel days) at your destination.  and 14 day vacation would be  12 days (2 travel days) or 10 days (4 travel  days)  at your destination.      (Based on knowing two people who did this when they bought a new motorcycle.) Another reason, you bought a motorcycle on Ebay in California when you live in Maryland and you want to do a cross-country ride back with your new motorcycle to see the country.      

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 5 months ago

cause they want to stay away longer

• 5 months ago

I currently have 615 hours of accumulated vacation time. If I could take all of it at once, I would gladly do so.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

cause its more fun that way

• 5 months ago

because they work with you and want the maximum time away from you

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.