What should I wear?

My friends are coming to my house for lunch.  I’m a working class woman in my early thirties from a middle class family, so I have a lot of nice clothes; but it’s a casual lunch, of porcupines (beef rissoles rolled in white rice, boiled in sweet tomato sauce); with mashed potato and beans and home made apple crumble with cream.  I could wear black jeans and a hoodie; or black trousers and a nice blouse or top with one of my nice coats.  What’s more appropriate?  I prefer smart casual to casual and some friends will dress casual, the other half in smart casual clothes.  However, maybe for a casual lunch, I’d be overdressed in something smart casual.  

Favorite Answer

Just wear a decent blouse and some jeans, if they are your friends I’m sure they won’t care 

Depends on the message you are trying to say.  Are you wanting to say " I'm hotter than any of you", Are you wanting to say " Look what I can afford", Are you wanting to say " Your husband wishes he married me".  Seriously, wear what it is your trying to say.  If they are your true friends I really don't think it matters.  The key thing is you want to wear what your trying to say but look like your not.

• I'd go with the trousers, the blouse, and the coat. 

A mask and maybe an all-black sackcloth robe with a scythe as your main accessory.