She has acute dementia and have mood swings....?

I am a home to home domicilliary carer and I have this elderly lady client. How come she says we carers are all so nice and the next minute, she says some of us are useless because we don't talk to her and start conversations, all we do is sign the timesheets and task documents then out of the door. 

She says that when SHE was young, she did the same job in a care home and she didn't make her clients feel lonely like that. I told her that remember we don't have time because it is so busy and we have multiple addresses to go to and sometimes so we can only complete basic tasks than to sit and chat. And then we talked about her family situation a bit and then she went back to about our service and she said that I am the only one who really takes my time to sit down instead of just getting things done and go. I don't do many hours that's why i can stick around. 

We sometimes used to talk and have interesting conversations, talk about her jobs, her family and what she's going though with them etc. but sometimes I had to rush because I do house to house care for the clients. Idk, I feel like I phucked up and start to wonder why nobody likes this job and see why people will rather work in a private setting where you stay at the clients home some hours a day instead of jumping door to door to different clients. I also have 4 years experience working on and off on this role so it's very bad that I' still getting these kinds of complaints.

Yeahhhhhhhh,  I once had to look in a lady with Alzheimers and it was a hoot...........because she firmly believed it was 1944 and the war was still raging on. 

She had a husband , who was in the Dutch Navy apparently, and she would ask me all the time if I had heard from Harry...........

(who was sitting in the kitchen not 5 feet from her. ) 

He couldn't leave her alone, even for 5 minutes,  so I would often run errands for him........ and then she would answer the door.......asking for any news from the front. 

I'd tell her the war was going well, the allies were giving Hitler hell.......and that would make her happy.------and the end of the war was in sight. 

Then she would act all surprised that I was bringing them all kinds of supplies like  SUGAR........... like, where did  you find THATTTTTT??? 

ahhhhhhhhhhh..............the supermarket? there's tons of it...........but you couldn't say that.............so I had to say things like......"I traded some rations for it"------don't worry about it. 

She thought I was a SAINT......bringing her rare rations during the war. 

I was tempted to buy her a pair of nylons,  but I didn't want her getting the wrong idea. 

She was a hoot.........