Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 4 weeks ago

Why is it that woman always talk about mental health ?

When men are actually 3x more likely to take their own life 

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

wemon talk about mental health because if they didn't no one would as you pointed out men are more likely to minecraft themselfs and yet they don't talk about it as much.

some ones got to talk about it other wise we'd still think certain illnesses were caused by demons

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

You've answered your own question. Women are less likely than men to commit suicide precisely because they're more likely to talk about mental health and seek treatment for problems with that. If men were more willing to submit to things like talk therapy their suicide rates would drop too. 

• 4 weeks ago

Because women are taught to be psychologically weak and men are taught to keep their feelings to themselves.

• 4 weeks ago

Men are actually more likely to use deadly suicide methods, while women are more likely to survive attempts (overdosing etc.)

Women are 2 to 4 times more likely to attempt.

As for why women talk about mental health more, that seems like a societal issue, regarding men's rights it's important for men to encourage one another to open up about their mental health.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

men often refrain from communicating emotions and refusing to see therapists because of toxic masculinity and stereotypes that men can't talk about their emotions. this means that they often don't have and emotional outlet which is often problematic.

• 4 weeks ago

You've answered your own question there.

• 4 weeks ago

That's why men are more likely to take their own lives, BECAUSE they don't talk about it because they are mistakenly led to believe they must "man up" and not show feelings or emotion. Because they are taught from a young age that "boys don't cry" If more men and boys were taught from a young age that their emotions and feelings ARE just as valid as anyone else's, they maybe inclined to seek help when things don't feel as they should be.  Women are by tradition expected to be emotional, well guess what? Men are human too. And humans funnily enough have emotions and feelings. 

• 4 weeks ago

Psychiatry is very female-oriented. I mean the psychiatry field of science favors women over men, that is the reason women seek psychiatric help more than men.

• 4 weeks ago

Females are Satan's vessels keeping the dead blind although seeing. (So if a man is bugged up - His soul sealed, an Hermitic tongue can destroy him) - Because there are always various scenes which can be encountered and words spoken.

53. "Shame on the fools infatuated with love for women. Women are like nothing but birds flitting above the tree tops.

36-38. "In secret that woman introduced her son to my friend. That son was an ignorant fool with eyes blood-shot with drink. And my friend went on enjoying him in my very presence. But she, though completely overpowered by him and being enjoyed by him day after day, never left me, and I, too, did not abandon her. And out of that union was born a fool of the same type as his father.

50. "Similar is the fate of the people who, deluded with the quest of happiness, have fallen into the snares of the task-master of action. They are bewildered in their frenzy and destruction awaits them

• 4 weeks ago

Because women take 75-80% of all the prescribed anti-depressant medications.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.