I was punched during a party and it shook me up, the next day I ended up drink driving Could this be a defence in court? ?

I’m sure the police saw my face swollen when they arrested and when they took the mug shot 

Country is uk

• Erik

of course not         

• Foofa

Unless you have some proof of a brain injury from this punch you probably can't argue that some outside force caused you to get behind the wheel of a car when you were drunk. But damn, you're having a bad day. 

Absolutely no chance here in the UK. If you try and claim that emotional instability / mental health reasons caused you to drink drive then you could end up medically disqualified on mental health grounds for an unlimited period of time which could be several years. Man up, accept responsibility for your actions and plead guilty. You hurt someone else in the collision when you were drink driving - they are the victim, not you.

Claiming to be mentally unstable is not a legal defense.

• No because just because you got punched doesn't mean you can drink and drive, it's against the law and can hurt yourself and other people. 

• gerald

Are you old enough to drink ? No its not a defence and it sounds like you have a drink problem getting punched at a PARTY  is not norm somebody was drunk and i would bet on you