Is 1mm of Hardened steel strong ?

I just want to know if a knife more specifically an  X-Acto knife Would be able to go through it 

I’m looking into Buying  a metal vambrace something to stop a knife I’m tired of stabbing my self at work lol the ppe we have is useless  

Best carbon brushes replacements https://topdealsonline.shop

1 millimetre , to much hardening , more like 20 micros ,are its to brittle.

Q1: Is 1mm of Hardened steel strong? 

A1:  Hardening makes steel less able to be cut, but can't make steel less able to be ground. 

Q2: I just want to know if a knife more specifically an X-Acto knife Would be able to go through it?

A2: It is unlikely that an X-Acto blade can go through 1 mm of hardened steel. 

It is also unlikely that an X-Acto blade can go through 1 mm of unhardened steel. 

What are you doing at work? 

What is your PPE?

The term solidified steel is regularly utilized for a medium or high carbon steel that has been given warmth treatment and afterward extinguishing followed by hardening. The extinguishing brings about the development of metastable martensite, the part of which is decreased to the ideal sum during hardening. This is the most widely recognized state for completed articles, for example, apparatuses and machine parts. Interestingly, a similar steel structure in tempered state is milder, as required for shaping and machining.

It is difficult to decide whether steel has experienced the solidifying and treating process by basically taking a gander at it, however there is a dependable and straightforward test. To look at a bit of steel, get a hand record and document an edge of the chose metal. On the off chance that the bit of steel has not experienced the solidifying procedure, the metal document ought to effortlessly 'nibble' into the example. In the event that the metal has been solidified, the record neglects to cut into the example and looks off with minimal obvious impact.

Unfeeling steel-vickers hardness test

Unfeeling articles beginning as low carbon steel (0.5 - 1.5% carbon content) can likewise be named solidified steel.

No, the average "X-Acto"  knife would never go through 1 mm of hardened steel.

NO WAY WITH SUCH SMALL TOOL, THE BLADE BREAKS APART FIRST.

• John

Plain old sheet metal would stop any accidents. I will suggest that your problem is PICNIC, though - Problem In Chair, Not In Computer.

Stop stabbing yourself. Change your posture, your work habit, your ergonomics. The BLADE is not stabbing you, YOU are stabbing you.

I think a Kevlar glove or sleeve would be more flexible and would protect you nicely.

• qrk

1mm of soft steel is strong enough to break an Xacto blade.

Do you really need arm protection from an Xacto blade?

you couldn't bend it, but it wouldn't stop a bullet either ..............