What’s a witches weakness?

I’d really  like to know because I’m writing a story. I know vampire can be killed by a stake to the heart or ripping out their heart(also vervain). And werewolves aren’t good with silver and wolfsbane.

Now what I’m really wondering is if they’re a MAJOR weakness because as far as I know, witches are just humans who do magic. Now I’m wondering if there’s a plant like vervain or wolfsbane for witches.

15 Answers

Relevance
  • Prince
    Lv 5
    3 weeks ago

A witch's weakness is her compassion for non-witches or cowans. Cowans in ancient times revered witches as priestesses of the Great Mother Goddess and witches ministered to them, brought them into the world as midwives and healed and protected them throughout their lives. Now sometimes a witch will forget the betrayal of these souls in recent lifetimes, cowans part of the crowd screaming, "Burn, witch, burn!" because they are in thrall to the Christian priests and inquisitors and so they make the fatal mistake of trusting them. So quelled and decades later, now old, one shall never know the love of the Angel.

• Orla
    Lv 6
    3 weeks ago

Everybody knows that....a bucket of water !

• 4 weeks ago

In most stories, witches are just human.  They can be killed just as easily as anyone else.

• 4 weeks ago

Salt can block a witch's power.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

A bucket of water. (Probably pure water.) That is, in a Wizard Of Oz type movie.

• 4 weeks ago

You wait behind them until they open the oven to see if it's hot enough...and you give them a good shove...

• 1 month ago

Take away their air-conditioning. 

• ?
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

It's like you said, witches are just humans that do magic, so they have just as many vulnerabilities as any person.

Yes, they have magic, but it would be vastly unfair to give them Harry Potter type magic.

She needs type of plants and animal preserves to get her potions working. Burn down that witch's hut when she's not home and all her magical paraphernalia is gone, no more hex bags, she'd have to work to get new resources before casting spells.

Switch out her virgin dagger for one that was already used to kill a goat. That dagger already has the goat's energy on it, she can't use that to torture your voodoo doll.

The Witch's weakness lies in the misconfiguration of his/her spells. Or somehow misdirecting it back at her.

• 1 month ago

Folk magic contends that witch bottles protect against evil spirits and magical attack, and counteract spells cast by witches; they are countermagical devices, the purpose of which is to draw in and trap harmful intentions directed at their owners.

• 1 month ago

The major weakness of any witch is love.  Love pretty much is the undoing of any good witch.  Reach them through that angle.  That is where they get their most powerful weapon.  And that is how you get into their heart.  

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.