How come a hotline would turn down someone who is at the verge of suicide?

So I just called a suicide hotline and they turned me down. I tried talking to them and they told me to call the national lifeline number. All of the south carolina lines don't want to talk to me and so I called a hotline in a different an disclosed location and they turned me down. They told me to call the national number. I tried talking to them and they told me i have to go and hang up on me. I'm so mad right now, I'm having both homicidal and suicidal thoughts and I just want to kill myself and the people on the hotline. Why would they turn someone down who is at the verge of suicide ?? I know some people will attack me but I just don't give a crap at this point. It is unfair that someone would do this to me.

• Lita

Because they're there to help people not for you to troll. 

• Ann

Jacob, the hotline people know you and know that you're not actually suicidal.  You're taking time away from people who are seriously in trouble.  If you're having irrational thoughts, you need to go to a psychiatrist who can prescribe the proper medications for you.  It sounds as if you need to be on a regimen of anti-psychotic medication and possibly something for bipolar disorder.

The Shepherd Boy & the Wolf (also known as the boy who cried wolf)

A Shepherd Boy tended his master's Sheep near a dark forest not far from the village. Soon he found life in the pasture very dull. All he could do to amuse himself was to talk to his dog or play on his shepherd's pipe.

.

One day as he sat watching the Sheep and the quiet forest, and thinking what he would do should he see a Wolf, he thought of a plan to amuse himself.

His Master had told him to call for help should a Wolf attack the flock, and the Villagers would drive it away. So now, though he had not seen anything that even looked like a Wolf, he ran toward the village shouting at the top of his voice, "Wolf! Wolf!"

As he expected, the Villagers who heard the cry dropped their work and ran in great excitement to the pasture. But when they got there they found the Boy doubled up with laughter at the trick he had played on them.

A few days later the Shepherd Boy again shouted, "Wolf! Wolf!" Again the Villagers ran to help him, only to be laughed at again.

Then one evening as the sun was setting behind the forest and the shadows were creeping out over the pasture, a Wolf really did spring from the underbrush and fall upon the Sheep.

In terror the Boy ran toward the village shouting "Wolf! Wolf!" But though the Villagers heard the cry, they did not run to help him as they had before. "He cannot fool us again," they said.

The Wolf killed a great many of the Boy's sheep and then slipped away into the forest.

Liars are not believed even when they speak the truth.

Blah, blah, blah.

Whine, whine, whine.

You've proudly claimed you prank and harass these hotlines across several states.   They no doubt have flagged you, your calls, your style [which is totally obvious] and any and all numbers they have for you.

They know you aren't suicidal, just an inept troll and attention whore.

Everything thing that is wrong with your life is your fault.   You've annoyed and threatened others for over a decade and all that is coming back to you now.   Don't expect anybody to care about you or your lies and trolls.   You have shown you are nothing more than a self-centered, pathological, crybaby.

Being autistic is not a free pass and being a pathological liar and inept troll is not a disability, jacob.

• You have by your own admission been pranking suicide hotline numbers for years. You are now in a national database with a description of what you say. They try to track your number and your clever untraceable  deadend crap comes up and red flags you. Hotlines have become wise to the likes of you. If you are really suicidal call from a legitimate traceable number or call the national number. 

Because they all know you're just a big, fat attention seeking fake who has been doing this for years.