My boyfriend is keeping my pregnancy a secret from his family. What should I do?

I should tell them? Why is he keeping it a secret? Is he ashamed of me?

Update:

He is taking too long to tell them

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Edna
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

You might as well go ahead and tell your boyfriend's family that you're pregnant - they're going to find out soon enough anyway.

He's keeping it a secret from his parents because he's ashamed of you; he's ashamed of himself for getting you pregnant; and he doesn't want anyone to know about it. He's hoping that, if he doesn't tell anybody, your pregnancy will just "go away". 

• 18 hours ago

That’s tough . The best way to get him to tell his family is easy. Late at night , when you’re alone with your BF , let him know you think the child may not be his. He’ll tell everyone about your pregnancy in a hurry at that point. Then of course... once the dust settles , let him know you were just upset he wasn’t telling his family. 

• GB
    Lv 5
    3 weeks ago

If you live in a small town, the chances are this will happen. Your boyfriend's mum meets an acquaintance.

A -  Are you excited about becoming a granny?  I saw  Lion yesterday...

• J
    Lv 5
    4 weeks ago

You should talk to him about it. Do not go behind his back. Find out what his reasoning is for not telling them. It probably has nothing to do with him being ashamed of you. They may be very conservative and not comfortable with him having children out of wedlock. Maybe he’s just nervous. Maybe he just hasn’t found the right time to tell them. He will have to tell them at some point unless he plans to just show up to thanksgiving dinner with a kid. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

You need to talk to him about it.

• 4 weeks ago

He hasn't married you. He hasn't separated enough from his parents to tell them the truth. He's not actually an adult, no matter his age.

If I were you, I would figure out what you're going to do about this baby. Will he help support the baby? Will he see it? How will you co-parent? Can you raise a child alone?Next time, use birth control and wait until marriage to get pregnant.

• 4 weeks ago

What does he say re: not wanting to tell them?

I don't know if he is ashamed of you or not, but it is not normal to hide important information like that from family, assuming you are past the first trimester when miscarriages are most likely to happen.

• God
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Tell him what you told us.  Ask HIM why.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Wait for him to tell his family.

• 4 weeks ago

Yes, tell them. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.