Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 3 weeks ago

Why is this site full of atheists?

Favorite Answer

They are embittered against the truth and seek to ruin and destroy.

Just as the Devil, who knows his time is short, is enraged,

• Paul

The starving are drawn to where they might be fed.

It would be boring without us!

Sometimes I learn something, sometimes I find the Q&A entertaining. I get to exercise a different part of my brain. 

• BJ

Ask the right people, that would be Yahoo.

The recipe called for them.

Because they (some not all) feel very passionate about their beliefs.

It never used to be. Sure, there always were atheists participating, but the numbers have significantly increased. I've been on this R&S site for over 10 years and it's only in recent years that atheists are piling in, trying to get a stranglehold (so it would appear). They're welcome. But it would be nice if they had something fresh and interesting to say. As it is, most are predictably negative, derogatory, and some show outright hatred of religionists in general and Christians in particular.

Makes me wonder, if an international law on preventing malicious religious comments on-line came into force, whether three-quarters of them on Yahoo R&S would get booted out overnight. Ah, but no. Realistically, the atheists would report Christian comments (like this) that honestly state how unimpressed Christians are with the less-than-subtle attacks on Christianity that most atheists on here make.

• Ted K

Admit it--you'd miss us if we left.  You'd be bored to death if all you had here were people who agree with you on everything all the time.

Because the rational world is 100% atheist.