What are some useful skills that I can learn to get a better job than some fast-food joint? ?

I thought about a Microsoft office certificate and I am about to finish a medical administrative assistant class. I wish that I had leadership qualities and I'm frustrated because I even suck with multitasking at my Dunkin Donuts job. There probably isn't even any point in me existing if I can't multitask at Dunkin or have no aptitude. If a God exists he hates m. 

Favorite Answer

Please try not to judge yourself by working in fast food.  Such establishments can get quite busy and stressful, especially if there are costumers waiting in line.  

You'd mentioned having difficulty with multi-tasking and feeling like having trouble with aptitude, and even though it doesn't necessarily mean that one has some type of learning disability, perhaps those are symptoms of a learning disability, for instance.

For those over the age of 18 and out of high school, a licensed *clinical psychologist* (PhD or PsyD) may administer an evaluation to find out if one has some type of learning disability, for instance.  Not all clinical psychologists may do such evaluations, so if interested, please first ask if he or she does evaluations for those with possible learning disability and/or attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), for instance.

For those with a learning disability, for instance, an employee (staff member) or student may be eligible for "reasonable accommodations," which is according to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990.  (However, it doesn't necessarily mean "special treatment" :)  Such "reasonable accommodations" in a classroom setting may include getting longer time on tests and/or a separate room for exams (usually with a test proctor).  Medical documentation would first be needed before such accommodations were permitted.

(I'll add more later.)

Don’t feel bad. Work hard and create goals. Ask someone who’s already doing what you want to do about it. They might give you some great tips on how to get there.

I looked online just to double check what Microsoft Office consists of.

Office applications

Microsoft Word.

Microsoft Excel.

Microsoft PowerPoint.

Microsoft OneNote.

Microsoft Outlook.

Microsoft Publisher.

Microsoft Access.

Skype for Business.

I forgot about outlook. Since you are using a yahoo e-mail account then I think outlook might be useless to you. I don't use outlook! I think Outlook is used, for e-mails.

OneNote, and Skype, for business is new. I never had a chance to learn about those two programs. Microsoft Office is pretty much what I thought it would be.

I am an I.T. guy. I.T. means information technology. I know a lot about computers, but I don't know everything about it.

No, don't get a Microsoft office certificate. Trust me when I say you probably won't benefit much from getting it. Sometimes I use Microsoft Office.

I am familiar with Microsoft Office. I think this is one of my weaker skills. My stronger skills is on a completely different level than using Microsoft Office.

Microsoft Office consists of:

Microsoft Word

Microsoft Excel

Microsoft Powerpoint

Microsoft Access

Microsoft Publisher

If you were to take the course then you probably will see, and learn about the programs I listed above. I think it should be something similar, or exactly to what I listed above.

Publisher is used to make websites. Access is used to make databases. Powerpoint is used to make presentations. Word is used to type up something, and excel is used, for math purposes like if you have to make calculations, for something, or budgeting your finances etc.

I hope I didn't confuse you in any way. I am just sharing with you what I think, and what some of my life experiences were.

It didn't take me too long to learn Microsoft Office, and I moved on from this point to a level that a lot of people struggle with.

I worked my @$$ off to get where I am in life. I developed my skills over many years. It's not something that I was born with.

I am able to do things with computers that many people struggle to understand, and are having a having a hard time with. My mind is able to absorb this type of stuff, and I just, so happen to like it too.

Having leadership qualities is very tough. You are thinking about a point that would require you to have a higher education, but you just don't have it.

After I graduated from college, then I pushed myself more to learn on my own. I want to be the best that I can be in life!

It's your decision to make whatever you want to do with your life.

Guess what? Multi-tasking is a LEARNED skill.  You are kidding yourself if you think administrative assistants do not multi-task. They do it moreso than Dunkin.

• A

Microsoft Office is a good skill to have,  I have interviewed many people for temp assistant jobs and Excel is the one thing I required.   Take the course, and get it on your own computer so you can work on it

Nobody ever got a job because of having a Microsoft Office certificate. If you don't like fast-food jobs and an office is what you want to work in and where you want to earn a living wage, then your best chance to make that happen is to go to college, a real college, a four-year college or university, and not some University of Phoenix nonsense either but a real, bona fide, bachelor's degree-granting institution, which if you don't know what that is, then follow the rule of thumb not to go to any school that isn't a member of the NCAA.

Don't blame God, without him, you wouldn't have a brain.

I recommend that if you want things to change in your life, that you get at least a two year degree.   All the little miscellaneous courses in this and that, really never helped me a bit.   Get serious and pursue something that an employer will look at.   And stop blaspheming the God who gave you life.

if you hate yourself don't expect anyone else to like you. even road cleaners have intelligence yet they are looked down on. without them where would people be but in more sh*t.  And God does' not exist, God lives'.