Is it ok to tell the honest reason to HR when i resign?

I m considering to leave from employer because i m not happy to work in a team. I have a doubt and can't trust my team leader who doesn't treat everyone equally. (*This is my main reason). She ignore my position. They don't assign proper tasks and training. The job role they mentioned is very different. So disappointed. Almost 6 months (probation period) has passed since joined, i only got 2 simple repetitive tasks. Recently, they hired 2 more new members. They are giving lot of tasks to them.

Strange and unfair.

I just left a job. I loved the work but hated the staff, not ALL of the staff but a good 50 percent of them. Even one of my references really annoyed me continuously. Right up until my leave date I just kept working, believe me I just wanted to walk out the door as I had actually finished my certificate but was still working there for a month after to finish the rest of my rostered shifts.

I thought I wanted to say so many bad things to my manager about the staff and what they did when I left but when it came to my last day I was happy. I shook everyone's hand on my last day, I said good luck to everyone. I had references and a good rep and left on good terms. I COULD of stayed as they offered me a job but I didn't because I want something better, but that is my choice to make whether to stay at a place like that or look for greener pastures. I ALSO could of just told them all off, left with my qualification but with limited references.

I'm now on holidays from work, enjoying abit of time off until I find another job and I honestly could not of been more proud of myself in how I handled it. When I was abit younger when I was 18 I would of just walked out the door yelling curse words lol. I'm 26 now and I stuck through it, and felt better for it. When I do find another job, I'm happy to tell the employer why I'm finding somewhere else. There's no harm in that.

No, don't say a reason, other than that you enjoyed your time working at the company and wish everyone the best.  You'll need a recommendation from that company at some point, so you'll need to keep a good relationship with it.  And telling the truth will not do any good at all; the company won't change and you're still quitting.

Absolutely not for a couple reasons.  The biggest is you don't have to give a reason at all.  If they want an exit interview, and ask about it, just keep it vague and say you want to go in a different direction.   Find something nice to say.

This reads like you want to tell HR how horrible your job was so they'll yell at your supervisor and you'll get better tasks.  If it's been this bad, there were things you could have done, including talk to your supervisor.  This assumes you're not part of the problem yourself.

PS - You have some strange answers and ratings here.  Don't forget, this is a worldwide heavily populated by teens.  They may be well intended, but you can't possibly listen to their opinion.

Yes, you should definitely talk to HR about it. You may not keep the job but take the opportunity to at least air your grievances. 

I doubt anyone will ask.

You can tell HR whatever you want, but that probably won't make any difference.

If I ended up working in a team then I would expect each team member to pull his, or her own weight. In other words NO TRAINING!!!, and everyone would have something to do. If a task doesn't get done then someone just might end up leaving the team, and losing a job as well.

If you were working with me, and you didn't know WTF you were doing then I would personally toss you out, or I would have you tossed out.

There is a lot of stuff that can be learned on your own, and on my own too. I take the self initiative to learn whatever I can on my own.

I had a job, and I was in a team. I was trained to do a job, but the type of job that I was doing was not my cup of tea. I know what I can do, and what I love to do, and what I am good at. You just have to figure that out by yourself about who you are.

The job that I was trained to do well I was doing my job, and part of my assistant manger's job, and my manager was concerned about me. Because I was trying to take my assistant manager's job.

I was doing way more than 2 tasks by the way! I got in trouble, for doing that. It was a dead end job, so there was no hope, for me to move up anyway.

I started off with doing 1 simple task, and then 2, and then 3, and then 4, and then 5, and then 6, and then 7, and then 8, and then 9, and then 10. Well I think you get my point right. I was doing a lot more tasks!

However now I am self employed, so nobody can stop me from working as much as my heart desires. :)

I have a college education, and I am self taught, so like I said above I take the self initiative to learn on my own. I don't expect anyone to train me anymore. I teach myself whatever I want to learn.

I know what I want to do with my life, and this is something that you are going to have to figure out on your own. What do you want to do with your life is something that you are going to have to think about.

Yes it's fine to be (tactfully and politely) honest.

That being said, it's not the team leader's job to treat people equally.   It's the team leader's job to assess each employee and capitalize upon their skills/abilities for the best benefit to the company.

If you are only being given repetitive tasks and feel that you need more training, it's possible that others learn more quickly than you do.  

• Eva

Not if you want a good reference from them.  You have to be very careful on how you word criticism of your supervisors.  You can say the job isn't what you expected, but beyond that keep it to yourself.

• A

Yes, tell the truth without pointing fingers or bad mouthing anyone. it would be less credible if you are angry and placing blame,

• y

It is best to be honest on exit interviews. Decent companies will look into it and change things if needed.Others however, don't really give a damn.