Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Games & RecreationVideo & Online Games · 4 weeks ago

Why am I so angry after playing a game?

Back home as a kid, I used to get into fights a lot. But when I came to America that changed. I became more calmer and I’m not as violent as I used to be. A few days ago I downloaded a multiplayer game and everytime I’d lose or get killed I’ll be really angry and get physical( throwing things, breaking stuff..), which I don’t get because it’s not my first time playing a game like that. But this one hit differently. As I said before I’m more calmer now. When someone normally makes me angry, I sometimes get hotheaded and say what comes first or I just ignore it. But after being in America for almost a decade, this is the first time I’ve felt this angry and I don’t know why. Why is this happening 

you think america has something to do with you being calmer. what state are you living in. and if you are raging on a video game you should take a break from it turn it off as soon as you feel yourself raging and getting physical. get some fresh air and do some stretching because that really helps you to calm down. come back after let's say 8 hours, or whenever you feel more calm and comfortable. 

Try Doom... or Animal crossing. good games. Might not make you rage, unless it's Doom. Doom can make you rage just a well as it can make you happy.

be cool. just enjoy the game 

because you are a sore loser..which makes you a loser... so try winning or take up knitting

okay what game is it there are  a lot of downloadable MMO and MMORPG games on the web that deal with PVP and PVE mechanics. Also as for the anger only you would know not every person gets angry at a game most know its just fake data and based on skills and weapons and levels like where the people you fought a few levels higher than you or did they have better weapon stats and such?

• Alex

I know what you mean I remember I bought a PSP a long time ago and I broke it out of anger. Maybe it has to do with having a sense of control? Subconsciously maybe things are not going so great in life and the only distraction (games) which you think you have control over makes you even more frustrated when you end up losing. Regardless it's good to get some fresh air.

• snafu

You have some sort of anger issue.  What’s at the root of it only you and a trained therapist would know.

Only you can answer that question about yourself. Perhaps you're in denial about how allegedly calm you are. Maybe there's really an angry hateful person hiding just under the surface, that you try to ignore or keep hidden around everybody else. You should probably stop playing the game.