Is it ok to drink a beer that says drink by 6/24/20?

It’s Goose Island IPA in bottle.

Beer doesn't spoil. 

• ‘I guess’ You're reading the Expiration Date? 6/24/20 I think thats already expired.....

Yes it is. That's the date to drink it by for optimal flavor. As long as the seal isn't broken then it will still be good to drink 50 years from now. The flavor might be a bit off but you won't get sick from drinking it.

Almost certainly. But open it - if it doesn't smell right, don't drink it. 

That date is just to protect the brewer. A good beer, especially the strong or hoppy ones (like IPA) will improve over the years like a good wine. I keep my home-brew for several years and still enjoy it.

It should be fine as long as it wasn't exposed to too much light.  IPAs age well. 

You should be ok. 

• CB

It is fine, if the taste happens to be a little off - (doubtful) don't bother to complain to Goose Island - past best by date.  Date is only a couple weeks that is nothing. 

• kswck2

I would question it more if it said 6/24/19. But it will be fine. 

I don't know enough about you to say it's okay for you to drink it. If you're a minor then no, it's not okay without your parent's knowledge, consent and supervision.

I'f you're an adult then you don't need anyone's permission.