Asep
Asep asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 3 weeks ago

How can I start exercising and becoming more active when I can’t afford a gym?

A gym has nothing to do with it. I've lost 55 pounds over the last 18 months, and I never set foot in a gym. I exercise at home (yoga) and I walk. I like doing those things, so I don't have to force myself. 20 years ago when I had a gym membership I usually would have to drag myself there. With yoga I look forward to doing it. In the morning, after I pander to my cat's whims, it is the first thing I think of. 

You don't need a gym membership. You can try any or all of the following:

1. Follow a YouTube video of an HIIT, Tabata, Full-body, or other exercise program.  There are hundreds of free videos online.  You could workout every day for 3 months and not do the same program -- or pick a couple.

2. Go for a walk or jog in your neighborhood.

3. Take a bike ride.

4. Go for a hike

Is there a Planet Fitness around? It's like $10 a month there... like you could just shower there and save money on your water bill lol. 

But there has been a ton of home workout content put on the internet since the lockdown started. Just search for a home workout plan. I used to run in place when I was too self conscious to go out and didn't own a treadmill or anything. It actually worked lol. I also had one dumbbell an old roommate left me

• Well you can take walks outside, dance to music, or do sit-ups, push-ups, or jumping jacks. Or you can even do yoga. 

Walking is the best exercise there is so get out walking or do exercise at home, as long as you are moving you are exercising