Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Games & RecreationGambling · 2 months ago

Can there ever be "Responsible Gambling?"?

Yes, if you gamble for fun, you must have a budget for that purpose. Your gambling budget should consist of money that you can afford to lose.

Yes, of course. 

• Jay P

Of course there is.

Gambling responsibly means not ignoring your other obligations and making sure you have the time and finances to complete them.

Ya sure. I like to place a bet from time to time, a few quid. Probably spend about £10 a month max and not even every month. 

Ofcourse there is. 

A responsible gambler would say, "I'm going grocery shopping with my $100 and whatever extra money i have left i might take to the casino."

While an irresponsible gambler would say, "I'm going to the casino with my $100 and try to make money to go grocery shopping."

• Erik

Yes, of course.  It means not betting more than you can afford to lose, not using the rent money, etc.

• kswck2

If you run out of money? No. 

Of course.  It's done every day by millions.

• Pyrus

Now that's an oxymoron right there. If it was responsible, it wouldn't be called gambling. However, if you want the closest thing to that, try the lottery and always choose the same numbers. That's as responsible as you can get. The second one is cheating by basically somehow knowing the winning numbers beforehand, but then that wouldn't really be gambling now, would it?