Can you run out of air in a small room with 20 people in it?

We have an annual meeting and there will be about 15-20 people crammed into a small meeting space that has a table with 8 chairs. We will be in there for a hour. I have anxiety and I'm constantly afraid of running out of oxygen and the build up of CO2. 

• John P

At the moment, you far bigger worry is Covid-19. Nobody should plan a meeting where people cannot do social distancing. Can you not hold the meeting outdoors if you cannot find a bigger room?

Contact the organisers, and all the people who will attend that meeting, and get all of them to say that the meeting cannot be held in that small room.  And everyone must wear masks if the meeting is indoors.

• Jim

No, won't happen.

Most rooms are ventilated, or at least 'leaky'. You would need to be in a sealed unit and a lot of time.

You would also need something like a charcoal fire or kerosene heater to help reduce the oxygen.

• Ludwig

You will run out of air in the COVID ward, when your lungs pack in and your ventilator fails to compensate.

Unlikely because most meeting halls have ventilation required by state health laws.

Fart while you`re in there. That will clear the room in no time.

Google "Black Hole of Calcutta". I trust that conditions will be different, though.

• Zirp

Won't happen.

If oxygen runs low, people will feel bad and instinctively open a door or window

Unless it was air tight which it isn’t you wouldn’t run out of air

I think I'd be more worried about Coronavirus in that small space.

Only in conservative fantasy land where science doesn't apply