Best books about spirituality?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

HOW DO BIBLE PRINCIPLES BENEFIT US? Bible principles teach families how to be united by love. ( Colossians 3:12-14) God's word also protects families by teaching another guiding principle- that marriage should be permanent. Read Genesis 2:24. by following Bible teachings, we can protect our material and emotional welfare. For example, employers often prefer workers who live by the Bible principles of honesty and diligence. ( Proverbs 10:4, 26; Hebrews 13:18) God's Word also teaches us to be content with the things that are necessary and to value friendship with God's material things. Read Matthew 6:24,25,33; 1 Timothy 6:8-10. Applying Bible principles can protect our health. ( Proverbs 14:30; 22:24,25) for example, adhering to God's law against drunkenness protects us from deadly diseases and accident. (Proverbs 23:20) Jehovah permits us to drink alcoholic beverages but only in moderation. ( Psalm 104:15; 1 Corinthians 6:10) Godly principles benefit us by teaching us to guard not just our actions but also our thoughts. ( Psalm 119:97-100) Yet, true Christians do not respect God's standards merely to benefit themselves. They do so to honor Jehovah. read Matthew 5:14-16. For more information JW.ORG

• 2 months ago

Anything by Dr. David R. Hawkins.  I recommend "Power vs. Force", "Truth vs. Falsehood", and "Transcending Levels of Consciousness"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azIhHTwuCIY

Youtube thumbnail

• 2 months ago

There are all kinds of books about it, including the Bible which is not easy to read especially if the clergy recommends reading the King James Version which makes it harder to understand without their help.

Isa 65:17, 25 - "Behold, I will create new heavens and a new earth… but dust will be the serpent's food… (The serpent will always eat the dust of the ground even in the new Earth and new Heaven)

Mic 7:17 - They will lick dust like a snake… (God forced the Jews to eat their children for dinner, but he is wrong thinking that snakes lick dust to survive)

Rev 22:3 - No longer will there be any curse… (But the curses’ effect remains)

God could not wait to see Jesus nailed to the Holy Roman Cross. The Great Assembly of the Gods established that having Jesus nailed to the cross would take care of any unforeseen problem related to Eve’s indiscretion. Jesus was begging people to become perfect as his Father God is perfect without telling how perfect.

Mat 5:48 (KJV) - (Jesus says) Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect. (But God is not perfect in many areas of concern. He admits having made mistakes in his creation; Jesus further asserts that his Father did not create anybody perfect. Since creation people must strive for perfection on their own, which at first it was impossible to do without knowledge of good and evil. It did not take long for Eve to figure out that something was wrong and that knowledge of good and evil is essential to make the right decisions in life. God and even Jesus are deplorable examples of imperfection, proving that the Bible authors and especially the clergy are misleading humankind into believing that the Bible stories are infallible, inerrant, and fully inspired by a perfect God. Some Jewish diplomats read the Bible before the United Nations General Assembly to claim ownership of the Holy Land at the expense of the Palestinians still dwelling in the place that King Solomon sold to their ancestors that became known as Kabul a “Land Good for Nothing,” no longer part of Israel)

Isa 64:8 - Yet you, LORD, are our Father. We are the clay; you are the potter; we are all the work of your hand. (Isaiah is recording the words of the Jews praying to God, recognizing that there is nothing that they can do to correct their natural behavior knowing that they are only creatures made of mud and prone to be naughty within the God established limits. Even Paul assures Christians that they are nothing better than a lump of dirt. The Bible writers know that God made humankind out of clay and that everybody is stuck the way he created them)

Jer 18:4 - But the pot he was shaping from the clay was marred in his hands; so the potter formed it into another pot, shaping it as seemed best to him. (Jeremiah is a more rational person, he implies that God did a terrible job creating people out of clay not working as he expected, so he is subtly suggesting a solution that God can use to correct anything, but he forgot that God created a Hell below the Earth to torment forever and ever the people that he made of mud for his getting off pleasure, glory, and honor. Jeremiah’s suggestion of destroying the defective people that he created, and with the same material make a better product more responsive to his caprices ran into a frozen shoulder)

Rom 9:12 - Does not the potter have the right to make out of the same lump of clay some pottery for special purposes and some for common use? (Even Paul was divinely inspired to come up with a better idea on how to solve the evil nature of the mud creatures that God created, he suggests God to create two kinds of people, one good and another evil. Despite the advice that God was getting from his creatures, he prefers to deal with his incompetence by sending everybody to be tormented in a sulfuric burning Hell forever and ever, so everybody else would get the point and behave better)

Jer 4:10 - Then I said, "Ah, Sovereign LORD, how completely you have deceived this people and Jerusalem by saying, 'You will have peace,' when the sword is at our throats." (Jeremiah is shocked announcing that God is a first-class deceiver like no other God in the Bible stories. This is the same God promising the Jews “I will never leave you nor forsake you;” yet, Adolf Hitler holocaust six million of them in recent history without a problem. People made of mud are not much different from God who created them in his image and likeness)

Eze 14:9 (KJV) - And if the prophet be deceived when he hath spoken a thing, I the LORD have deceived that prophet, (And I am proud of it, says God) and I will stretch out my hand upon him, and will destroy him from the midst of my people Israel. (God, not the Devil but God deceives a prophet every time he must make a point. God does all the deceiving, bragging how perfectly he does it. He is excited, expecting to receive a standing ovation for his great deceiving jobs. Jesus, the author of the Golden Rule, says that Christians must be perfect as his heavenly Father is perfect in everything they do, even when deceiving anyone)

• Doug
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

Read the Bible which is the perfect Word of God. I recommend using the KJV. Start by reading through the Gospel of John.

Because we have all sinned against a perfectly holy and righteous God, we all deserve eternal separation from God in hell (Rom. 6:23). However, God loves us so much that He sent His only Son Jesus to die on the cross as our Substitute so we don't have to go to hell. Christ died for our sins, was buried, and rose from the grave three days later (1 Cor. 15:3-4). He gives eternal life freely to anyone who simply believes in Him for it. No one can be saved by doing good works. Salvation is by grace alone through faith alone in Christ alone (Eph. 2:8-9).

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life" (John 6:47).

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

one i have read the bible and its a load of rubbish , it even doesnt have the author names.

• 2 months ago

→ Mickey magazine or any other cartoon, fairy tales, novel, etc... 

• 2 months ago
  • 2 months ago

The Book of Mormon is the most correct of any book on this Earth, and the keystone of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and a person will get nearer to God by abiding by its precepts, than any other book.

• 2 months ago

The Teachings of Don Juan: A Yaqui Way of Knowledge

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

The Wickedest Books in the World: Confessions of an Aleister Crowley Bibliophile

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.