Canon 600D Randomly switched off which filming and now won’t turn back on at all! Please help!?

I was inbetween filming a new YouTube video when my camera screen suddenly went black, none of the buttons were working, so I removed the SD card and it started continuously beeping, then I turned it off. I believe it’s something to do with the mirror/shutter. As it seems to be flipped all the way up (I’ll add photos) but I’m literally really new to cameras so I have absolutely no clue what has happened to it but it just won’t turn on at all, no power. I’ve tried all the things YouTube has suggested and still nothing. I’ve let the battery fully charge, still nothing, I’ve removed my SD card, reinserted my SD card...still nothing! Please please help if you possibly can I would really appreciate anything you can suggest! 

The mirror needs to be flipped up for video, IMO. But I have no experience with Canon cameras.

Anyway try a freshly charged battery and put it in photo mode after it has cooled down. Find a repair place near you and ask there.

Good luck!

• Sumi

The 600D can do video as you are fully aware.  However, this does not mean that the 600D was designed to do video on a regular basis.  The problem is that cameras like the 600D can overheat during video.  When this happens the camera will shut down.

Not sure if this is the cause of your specific problem, but if you let it sit for thirty minutes to an hour allowing it to cool down and the camera then performs normally, you can pretty much rest assured that the camera was overheating.

If this doesn't fix the problem, then you need to send your camera in for repairs.

The fact that it beeped before you took the SD card out means that it still had power then. Take the battery out for about ten minutes. Try reinserting another SD card, the one you took out may be corrupt.

Remember too that these DSLRs are not designed to work as camcorders, it's just a secondary feature.  They automatically turn off after about 20 minutes to prevent overheating,

So far as I know the mirror needs power to hold it up - if there's no power but the mirror's still up it must be jammed.  If you're prepared to accept that the camera may be beyond economical repair you could try some GENTLE tapping to see if that will release it, or you could get a quote from a repair shop.  It won't be cheap though!

• keerok

It's a 9-year old camera. I'm not sure if the service center still accepts it but you should still try there first. I fear it's a dead camera situation already. It might be cheaper to scour eBay for a replacement if you can't get a new one yet.

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

you might need another camera