Is it worth to fix a Toyota Camry 2006 that has leaks only?

Mechanic told me is the transmission but it works fine as long as I put trans fluid. I brought it for $3260..no one will buy it for $3000..so I hesitating to sell it almost anyway. What is your opinion about it? It has only 138,000 miles..

I dont think transmission is that bad..is just leaks..though I think is better to keep the car to learn and experiment than just to sell it..after all, theres nothing to lose including money.

• Erik

I would just keep it.  Buy one of those gallon containers of transmission fluid, and also add some Lucas transmission fix.

You need to know where the ATF leaks are coming from. ATF cooler lines and the ATF cooler are likely suspects. I haven't seen torque converter seals leak for a long time. 

If you have to add a quart every oil change, that would be a manageable leak.  Just drive it until the the transmission quits.