Good instrument to learn for someone who has never played an instrument before?

I have  zero experience playing an instrument, but am considering learning one cause why not! Not entirely sure where to get started. I think guitar, piano, and drums interest me the most. Which one would you recommend for a beginner, or is there another instrument easy to pick up for a first-timer?

Also, what books/videos/guides do you recommend for learning the instrument?

Thanks! 

• John
    Favorite Answer

https://www.joytunes.com/blog/music-fun/16-resourc...

And if you Google "learn musical instrument" you'll find more. Piano is one of the easiest to get started on but even an electric piano takes up half a small room. Drums take a WHOLE room and are so loud that the neighbors become a large part of your experience. When you can practice and when you can't.

• 1 week ago

I’d say ukulele. There’s 4 chords that you can use to play most songs, though it relies a lot on vocals when you start. I’m self taught so I can’t help with books and stuff. Sorry

• Zirp

Apparently, a lot of people start off with a kind of flute that for some weird reason is called "recorder" in English (it doesn't record at all)

Harmonica. Portable and there are self teaching courses. No electricity needed.

Another vote for piano--and the rolled up electronic keyboards are better than you'd suspect, take up hardly any space, and travel nicely until you can get to a place where there's an actual instrument.

• Wilson

I recommend piano

This is because piano makes it easy to comprehend the notes since they are laid out all in front of you on the keyboard. 

Also, 

There is more of a demand for piano and keyboard players. You can always find a gig, at church, at a piano bar, as an add on musician in numerous types of bands. 

As far as learning materials, youtube is your best resource. Just go there and run a search.