If a person takes martial arts, do they have to pay for their uniform?

Because most schools make you sign a contract for 6+ months, they generally include the uniform in the cost of the classes.  With the coronavirus shutting down facilities, you're better off "waiting" to enroll in a martial arts school, until the number of cases go down to 1 in a million people.

They usually provide you with a free uniform once you sign up for a trial for example. 

• Megumi

Generally, that is the case. I have never been given a free Gi. 

• Jay P

Even if you don't pay for it directly, you will still pay for it indirectly through your lessons.

• Bon

I have never heard of the cost of uniforms being included in the cost of lessons. However, the individual teacher of a school decides that.

• Imp

Depends on the class, from my experience they encourage it but are ok with you wearing loose clothes!

• Murzy

Some Dojos offer a free uniform with a 3 months sign up otherwise, you will need to buy a uniform.