Is Imperious Inc Toronto a scam?

Can anyone let me know if this agency is legit? they asked for a deposit for picture cards to send off to directors but i’m worried it’s a scam, if anyone could provide any details that’ll be great

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Cogito
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Obviously.

Picture cards to send to directors?  Real agencies don't do that.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

No legit agency will even consider signing you without a strong resume that proves you are highly-trained , from a quality acting school, masterclasses, workshops, etc. and highly-experiened and talented by getting plenty of leading roles in community theater, student and indie films and such, and even won awards.

The majority of the time you get a referral to the agent from someone you've worked with and impressed (like a director, a producer, an acting teacher or even a fellow actor). Other ways of getting an agent like cold-querying/calling or getting stopped at a showcase rarely happen.

No legit agency asks for money upfront. Agents make money only if and when their client books a job. They take %.

Casting doesn't work that way. Agents don't sign you and then send "picture cards" to directors. The way it really works is, when a new project starts casting, a *casting director* is hired (who's NOT the director). The casting director creates a "Characrer Breakdown" specifying exactly the roles they're looking to fill based on their age-range, looks, ethnicity, special skills, etc. Then they approach the agents they know and trust. The agents go over the breakdown, go over their client database, and submit to the casting director only the clients they believe may fit those said roles (meaning, they send them those clients' resumes, demo reels and headshots). Out of those, the casting director will invite to audition only the handful *they* believe may fit those said roles. The actors will come in and audition for as many rounds as needed till one gets each role. Agents don't just randomally send over clients' info or pictures in the hopes that something sticks to some project.

Since you don't know how these things work, it's safe to say you don't have the experience and training to get into a legit agency in the first place.

So based on these red flags... and I'm sure they're not the only ones, I'd say scam.

• Marli
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I Googled. The results were mainly its website, ads and its social media pages.  There were another two questions about it from 6 years ago. Same sort of query  One who answered suggested contacting  ACTRA 

https://ca.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20...

Do you know other Toronto actors and models?  Acting and modeling schools in the GTA? I suggest that you contact them and ask. 

• 2 months ago

It's probably some kind of IQ test, or something. You're not doing too well so far. Hope this helped.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.