ken asked in SportsHockey · 2 months ago

NHL announced they will have crowd noise, much like MLB, seems cheesy?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • bill
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

What's silly is still playing music between plays when nobody is there to amuse.

• 1 month ago

Honestly, I hate it- would rather hear the sounds of the game rather than just flat noise.

• 1 month ago

I thought it was cheesy at first but it honestly helps it feel more normal to me. 

• 2 months ago

Sure, but covid cheesiness is way better than no NHL playoffs or baseball this season.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

I think the league feels that there could be objectionable language during a hockey game, so they have to drown it out. I like the Nippon Pro Baseball games where you can hear everything. 

• JuanB
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Not as cheesy as NHL in August

• 2 months ago

More than  cheezy as that is being kind. No way will fake crowd noise be as spontaneous are real fans. The players will know it, and its going to affect momentum in a negative way. How can anyone be riled up after a good fight when they know its a fake crowd?

• 2 months ago

It's actually not that bad. If you're listening to the game, it's usually not noticable that there's not really a crowd. You can tell if you watch the screen and can see the stands.

• I've already seen it during soccer and rugby league games.  I find it easier than the arena being completely silent.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.