Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingAdolescent · 2 months ago

How to get your daughter to accept her new stepmother?

I have a 20 year old wife. We have been dating for 18 months now. I'm a single father. My wife is in jail for assulting me when she found out I had a girlfriend. My daughter has said she will never forgive me, and she hates my new wife. How to get her to see she is unreasonable? My new wife is literally as perfect as someone can be.

My ex wife is in jail. I divorced her, and married my girlfriend later.

For some reason I forgot to put the word ex in my question sorry about that. I had a wife and a girlfriend. Ex wife assulted me, and is now in jail. I married my girlfriend. My daughter is selfish and refuse to accept my new wife.

My ex attacked me for having a girlfriend while married. 

My daughter is 14.

Perspective is key here-

Put yourself in your shoes, imagine your father screwed around behind your mothers back, resulting in the marraige being over. Now imagine that same father having the audacity to show zero remorse, and is now demanding you to accept his new wife... how would you react? 

Your daughter isn't being un-reasonable here one ioata! She has valid reasons to take issue with you cheating on her mother, and every reason to despise a woman with zero self esteem that she would sleep with anything with a dick. Life is about choices here, you made the choice to cheat on your wife, and choose to marry the girl you had a fling with! Your daughter is able to make her own choices here too, and if she chooses not to accept your wife, that's her perogative, you don't get to make that demand on her. The only thing you can do is expect her to be civil towards your wife while she is living under your roof, other then that, you don'thave a leg to stand on.

My and our,  best wishes to your daughter @ss#ole. Me thinks she did well loosing your @$$ Your ex wife deserves a Bronze Star dealing with you and I don't know crap except for what you babbled. A CHEAT IS A LOOSER!!!!

How old IS your daughter? That's the first question I would want answered.

• sdc_99

So she attacked you for having girlfriend after you divorced?  Or you divorced because she attacked you for having a girlfriend while you were married?  That makes a difference for you daughter's response.

You pedophile. How were you even able to marry her, with her being under 21? 

• edward

A 20 year old homewrecking slut...sounds like a heaven sent

If your wife is in jail and is still your wife how do you have a new wife? 

With regards to your daughter validate her feelings let her know you love her and you really want her to get to know your new wife but that you certainly respect her mother and don’t have any ill will towards her. 

Practice your writing skills then maybe one day, someone might believe your tales.

If I were your daughter, I would resent you and your young bride as well. You are heartless and selfish and your daughter knows it.

Why not allow her to live with an aunt or uncle until your ex wife is free to be the mother your daughter needs? 

Until then, I hope your daughter makes your life as miserable as you have made hers.

You are a dishonest cheater instigater. Karma is a bytch, eh?

If your wife is in jail, you don't legally HAVE a new wife.

If your girl friend is 20, she is 'robbing the cradle'.