Well what do you think of a witness for Jehovah answering a question about why people are poor, By simply saying those who are poor bring it?

ON themselves, yes one of those who answered the question Do you Think the poor are just bad at money management, put a link to a Witness article all about how stupid and evil all poor lottery winners seem to be, because only a few years after winning millions they seem to all end up broke.

So just remember folks no matter how poor (or just far from wealthy they are) the witnesses don't believe the almighty god Jehovah thinks you can call you whole start in life a lottery.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • WOOWHO
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

what do you THINK  of a person  who identifies as a JW    providing his or her  EXPLANATION  WHY  people are poor , that it is SELF IMPOSED .....

.THINK

1-  to DIRECT ones mind to  actively     FORM connected IDEAS

2- to form an opinion, belief or idea about some THING  ( event statement action )  examining  the  questions as to the  ASSERTION  that a  INDIVIDUAL made certain statements  and cited  a particular  ARTICLE  ( no link to read it for myself nor could i readily find in in the JW  LIBRARY ) ...   the supposed premise is 

how STUPID and EVIL  ALL "POOR"  LOTTERY WINNERS

REALITY is   NOT ALL  LOTTERY winners become POOR after winning the lottery

the question nor the assertion  nor supposed  proposition  has caused me to  to be CONVINCED of anything presented     nor that   its a DOCTRINE ( set of beliefs taught by  JW )  that  POVERTY is SELF imposed  actually reading the  JW library there are many articles to the contrary  sighting systemic  RACISM   systemic economic inequality  as contributing  factors  to poverty   ..  i am an atheist  

upon evaluation  it was possibly a individuals who identifies  as a  JW  made an  ASSOCIATION  and  formed a personal OPINION  expressed  in a article and  used as a basis of a response to a question   and not a DOCTRINE .

... to  imply its a DOCTRINE  of JW is DISINGENUOUS

thank you for the question

• 2 months ago

What you described isn't how they are.

• 2 months ago

What in the world are you talking about?  I've never heard a Jehovah's Witness say that.  People are poor for various reasons, some are born into poverty, others have circumstances that's thrown them into poverty, but NOBODY is poor because they want to be....that's absurd and a lie.

Would you choose to be poor?

• Juli
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

They blame the poor just like they blame child sexual abuse victims.

That's what cults do.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Evelyn
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

It's not as if he arrived at that (or any) idea independently.  Just something copy pasted from his cult's website. 

• 2 months ago

It is certainly a misunderstanding poor people can be as happy as anyone else.

• Lv 7
    2 months ago

so are you saying that poor people are not responsible for their lack of money? then how did THEY get poor while the rest of us get by?

you may say the rich screwed them out of it, but how? free will does still exist, and these people were not ALWAYS poor, so you explain to me how they fidn't get that way by making bad decisions...

and yes, buying a lottery ticket IS A BAD DECISION.

think of how many people have NEVER WON more than double digits...which they then promptly spend on...guess what? more losing tickets! how is that not bad decision-making, and therefore "not their fault"?

• 2 months ago

It seems the religious love to blame the victim.  What about someone who is poor because her husband drained all the bank accounts and ran off with his mistress, leaving his stay-at-home wife with four kids to feed somehow? Or the person who gets too sick to keep working? Or the family with a child who has severe medical needs that cost thousands of dollars a month that often has to choose between medicine and food? Or the young person who lost his minimum wage job in the pandemic and has nothing to fall back on? The lack of compassion among the religious is shameful.

• 2 months ago

NOT my business what they do...BUT I WOULD RECOMMEND A TRINITY CHURCH instead of a cult..

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.