Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCar MakesHonda · 2 months ago

How to get rid of a check engine light in my 2007 Honda Accord?

I have already taken my Honda to a car mechanic, he just doesn't know what's wrong with the car, OR, he probably faked to not know what's wrong with my Honda because he told me to leave the car for the whole day at his mechanic shop to charge me more money?

Favorite Answer

I take my Honda to a factory trained Honda specialist who used to work for a Honda dealership and now has his own independent shop and only works on Hondas. That's the kind of mechanic I'd look for if I were you. 

This is the answer.  Unscrew the gas cap and then screw it back on.  Chances are good that is all it was. It happened on my 07 the same day I bought it...and that is how I fixed it.

. It has too many sensors and one is being an asss. Could be because of air pressure in the tank or it is Tuesday.  How long does it take to fix?   Mere seconds.  You know right away if that works, (I was too cheap to add gas to the car) I did it at a stop light.  Just stepped out of the car slipped it into park and did the cap thing and jumped back into the car.  Never happened again(so 13 year repair)

So what do you expect from us? You don't list the codes in the PCM that were stored when the CEL came on. If you have misfire codes you need to replace the spark plugs with Denso or NGK Iridium spark plugs and get the valves adjusted. All Honda motors need the valves adjusted every 60,000 miles or stalling, misfires and a lack of power happen.

• Barry

Take it to a Honda specialist, not a Honda dealer. They will have ex Honda mechanics and will be the cheaper option.

Black electrical tape is about the easiest and cheapest. 

• Ron

Why don't you buy a simple code scanner and plug it in?

• Erik

A good mechanic will have a tool that he plugs into your car, and it tells you what the code is.  I don't see how he could "charge you more money", if all he's going to do is read the codes.  Either way, I would find a better mechanic.  It shouldn't take all day, even if he's busy.  You can take your car to any auto parts store and they usually have a code reader.

Find a competent garage.

Take it to any auto parts store and ask them to scan it. They will give you the error codes, then you can look them up online.