Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited StatesLos Angeles · 2 months ago

how difficult would it be for a white guy with a lawn mower and a pick up truck to start a lawn service in L.A. these days?

Update:

not a huge truck, just a standard pick up, a lawn mower, trimmer, blower, and your standard shovels, rakes, etc.

how would go about it? and would have to work for really cheap since there are so many illegal aliens there in California? how come or what can advise?

Update 2:

I have seen these hispanic guys getting out of these HUGE double cab Isuzu landscaping trucks with probably 50 ,000 worth of lawn equimpment in the back everywhere, is that the norm in LA too? how do they afford it when they are illegal , undocumented workers?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Depends on how he went about it. If he were to apply for a business license and follow all the local labor laws and pay taxes he probably couldn't complete. But if he was willing to do everything outside of the law he might be able to do it. 

• 1 month ago

it won't happen if you don't work for the same wages as the illegal aliens

• 2 months ago

Why don't you try it? However, I'd learn the Spanish language first.

As for the person that wrote if you followed all the laws you wouldn't be able to compete in the lawn care industry; well USA municipal governments and the USA federal government doesn't care if everything is done within the law. If you don't believe me, go down to Home Depot during the day and look at all the day laborers.

• 2 months ago

Many of the Hispanic guys in California are U.S. citizens or legal immigrants.  They are not all illegal or undocumented.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Nearly impossible my friend, those kind of guys are a dime a dozen these days.

• Kieth
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Can he do 12 lawns in eight hours? Four Mexicans can.

• 2 months ago

Lock your tools if you can't see them or they'll be gone in a split second .

^^^^ The above is how they " afford " all that equipment ^^^

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.