David asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 2 months ago

Even if you can't stand Trump as president, do you agree at least on one issue Trump was being clever with his policy on Russia.?

In fact I go as far as to say unlike any other western leaders Trump was along throughout the Election campaign, to really understand how Russia is not any kind of a threat to the west, 

But I believe Trump also realized that Russia's next door neighbor to the south has been a massive problem to the west (and especially to the U.S ) by stealing intellectual property rights worth tens of billions, 

So was Trump playing a clever game because he never spelled out the fact that after the fall of the soviet union back in 1991, he realized that the newly formed Russian federation had a more ambivalent attitude to China, because they were neither hostile or really friendly, 

Which left an opening to a power like the United States the opportunity to try and peel away any possible reason for Russia to take the side of China in any future showdown with the west.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

I would never say Trump is clever. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

You misunderstand Trump's motives for trying to be Putin's BFF. Either Putin has dirt on him (worse, much worse than a few pee tapes) or he wants to build a Trump Tower Moscow. Or both.

• 2 months ago

Nice fairy tale, but Trump has been REPEATEDLY supportive of Xi. Even his half-arsed "easy to win" trade war was a farce. The only people it hurt were soy an hog farmers.

15 times Trump praised China as coronavirus was spreading across the globe

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/04/15/trump-chi...

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Of course.  Russia is too remote and too weak to represent any real threat.  If war comes with Russia it will be Neocon psychopaths like Joe Biden who'll start it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.