Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsOther - Diseases · 2 months ago

Will covid-19 go away?

22 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

It will take about 2 years for it to go away completely because people will refuse to get vaccinated. Once it's gone we will still have other known viruses and diseases to worry about. I seem to question about this vaccine and wonder if it will do more harm than good. A person gets vaccinated and still gets covid19 does it mean that this virus will never die? I always wonder. I hope it goes away before the end of the year. It has changed my life in so many ways.

• 2 months ago

Yes it will, it's nature's way of cleaning out the weak!

• JOHN B
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

It will come and go just like the types of flu we suffer from now.

• 2 months ago

I'm sure it will at some stage. They just need to make sure they get a vaccine that works.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

It depends, some viruses can hide for years or even decades before re-emerging in another variation.  The mis-named Spanish flu (the first identified victim was in the US) came in several waves over several years before vanishing although experts in the field have warned that it could easily re-emerge at some time.  It is possible that over the years it has evolved into some of the very viruses we have causing issues today.

As for herd immunity, that is a nice idea however several studies of people who contracted the virus and survived indicate that Covid-19 antibodies are relatively short lived and, as a result, will not provide significant long term protection or even possibly mid-term protection from the virus.  So far those countries such as Sweden that tried the herd immunity route have found it to have the same, or worse consequences both economically and socially as those that shut down.

What is not known at present is the long term effects the virus may have on otherwise healthy individuals.  Young people are often quoted as not being worried about the virus as they, for the most part, will have an easier time of surviving it.  However there does exist the possibility of long term medical issues which means that the play now may have a pay later consequence.

• 2 months ago

Yes, May be after 1-2 Year covid 19 go away and after 3-5 year everybody forget about it. 

• 2 months ago

Eventually yes, its just a matter of when, this virus has research resources that on a whole different level to other viruses which will help massively. I expect 3 years of this.

• 2 months ago

Yeah when humans are all dead

• Expat
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Eventually? Yes. Eventually it will mutate and we can only hope that when it does it’ll be less dangerous to humans, but it could mutate and become worse. 

• Scott
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

It will with widespread vaccination. But the vaccine is still being developed and tested.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.