Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsOther - Diseases · 2 months ago

Can Alzheimer's be eradicated?

• Edna

Before Alzheimer's can be eradicated, researchers must first learn the cause of the onset of Alzheimer's in the first place, and then they will have to learn what can be done to prevent its occurrence. .

I have to disagree with Prince. Elderly people have developed Alzheimers disease (it used to be known as senile dementia) for centuries. It is not a disease that has just developed since aluminum was developed. Without a cure or a preventative, it cannot be eradicated.

• Prince

Alzheimer disease could be easily eradicated. Aluminium is sold under a variety of trade names to conceal what it really is. Aluminum salts and alum and potassium aluminum and aluminum sodium. All come from the ore called bauxite. Bauxite miners get brain cancer working in the mines and the owners of the bauxite mines get millions of dollars a year producing and selling aluminium. The aluminum foil melts into your food and drinks stored in aluminium leach it. Heating food in aluminium pans. Using Alum as an ingredient in your relish. Aluminium sodium in your cake and burritos. The owners admit that alum is toxic "in large amounts" but how deceptive, as nothing edible just ,"becomes toxic" just because you have a lot of it. Bauxite mine owners like making millions every year. They like it and they mean to go on making it. Devil your Altzheimers, they'll say it's a Lie and spend money telling you it's a "myth". After a while your brain will be destroyed and you will be past caring and they keep lying to your children. 

Eradicated, no. Prevented/ delayed, possibly. With the right diet and exercise it is definitely possible to delay or possibly prevent the development of Alzheimer's. Since there is no real treatment for the disease, it cannot be eradicated. 

• Andy C

Probably not entirely eradicated,  but drastically reduced by correcting the Western/American diet.

This is also why COVID-19 killed nearly 10× as many Americans as it did the French, Koreans, Japanese,  etc 

I hope it can be. It runs in my family. My father's mother died with it. My father died with it. It is scary. By the end of her life my grandmother didn't even know her own name. My father wasn't that bad but it wasn't good either. If I get that bad I don't know what I would do. Luckily I might still have  30 years if I'm lucky. 

Oddly, your question appears in the political section and not in the mental health section where it belongs.

Yes, research into the cause and eradication of Alzheimer's Disease as well as other causes for dementia are on the horizon.  Hopefully we will be able to enjoy Democratic Administrations for many decades to come because they support research into disease.

According to that article, you can now find out 20 years before you get Alzheimer's that you will get it.

I can't think of one person that would want to know that 20 years in advance.

No.   I asked my doctor and she said as on yet there is no treatment for it. 

• Daddio

It is possible and would be a great thing