Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthHealth & Well-BeingInjuries · 2 months ago

Can a medical adhesive strip on your arm for no reason (not on a wound on my skin) affect circulation?

I’m going to sound so so stupid, but my mum wanted me to go get a blood test even though i’m okay, i know there’s nothing wrong with me and i hate injections and needles so i faked one to stop her nagging, i went out the house for a walk and stuck a medical adhesive strip on my arm to satisfy her. However even though i’ve took the strip off ( i had in the middle of your arm where they usually draw blood so was very tight) i now have a pain in my arm and my arm feels numb? Is this all in my head like placebo affect or has the strip done something to my circulation 

Circulation is coldness, a nerve "bruise" is numbness from being too tight. It is not lasting, however, lying like that is a good way to never be trusted again. Your arm will be fine. You did put it on too tight however.

• keerok

It shouldn't if you applied it correctly. If your mother knows how a tiny puncture is covered then she should already know that you faked it.

Yes it can strip on your arm as adhesive is there and it would stick but its advisable to use only as per medical reason.

Exactly that! placebo effect.. your brain probably thinks you’ve had one as it associates the patch with a blood draw and has created symptoms, the glue on the patch may have made your skin feel a bit tight as it restricts movement but you should be okay.. don’t lie to your mother!

Source(s): wisdom

It's cause you feel guilty for lying to your mom that way