Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthHealth & Well-BeingInjuries · 2 months ago

Can a medical adhesive strip on your arm for no reason (not on a wound on my skin) affect circulation?

I’m going to sound so so stupid, but my mum wanted me to go get a blood test even though i’m okay, i know there’s nothing wrong with me and i hate injections and needles so i faked one to stop her nagging, i went out the house for a walk and stuck a medical adhesive strip on my arm to satisfy her. However even though i’ve took the strip off ( i had in the middle of your arm where they usually draw blood so was very tight) i now have a pain in my arm and my arm feels numb? Is this all in my head like placebo affect or has the strip done something to my circulation 

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

Circulation is coldness, a nerve "bruise" is numbness from being too tight. It is not lasting, however, lying like that is a good way to never be trusted again. Your arm will be fine. You did put it on too tight however.

• keerok
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

It shouldn't if you applied it correctly. If your mother knows how a tiny puncture is covered then she should already know that you faked it.

• 2 months ago

Yes it can strip on your arm as adhesive is there and it would stick but its advisable to use only as per medical reason.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Exactly that! placebo effect.. your brain probably thinks you’ve had one as it associates the patch with a blood draw and has created symptoms, the glue on the patch may have made your skin feel a bit tight as it restricts movement but you should be okay.. don’t lie to your mother!

Source(s): wisdom
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

It's cause you feel guilty for lying to your mom that way 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.