Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsOutdoor RecreationHunting · 6 months ago

Why some people can withstand multiple gunshots wounds, while some people die just taking a single bullet?

I seen this police video. The cop fired 1 round from his pistol, to the criminal chest, he fell over and died pretty instantaneously. But I have seen videos where the suspect takes multiple rounds until after 10+ gun shot wounds eventually collapsing.

It has to do with the placement of the shot and the caliber of the bullet. Also considered how soon the person receives medical attention and their will to live. Sometimes God just steps in.

• Mr.357

It doesn't take much to make a liberal give up.  Some have even been killed with blanks.

I'd imagine if you take a direct shot to the heart you'll go down pretty fast.

• F

Obviously it depends whether a crucial organ is hit. In your case a direct hit to the brain would be survivable. 

Nobody can withstand the destruction of their central nervous system.

It depends if the bullet hits an organ or major artery also some people are stronger then others and are able to survive more but who really knows I believe when it's my time it's my time , time to go!

The difference is where the bullet hits.   There was a fat guy down in Texas about 30 years ago.   The cop shot him over 20 times and not one of the bullets got thru his fat.   He finally gave up due to the pain.   All they had to do was dig the bullets out of his fat.   On the flip side a 22 into the heart will probably kill you.   It is all about where the bullet hits.  

• Expat

This has everything to do with a few factors: 1. where they got shot; if no vital organs are struck and no arteries broken, a person can survive for a long time before getting medical attention. 2. caliber of the gun - a .22 and a .44 make a big difference. A larger caliber will create bigger holes. 3. The type of round - there are rounds that are designed to cause more damage. A full metal jacket will only penetrate and likely exit, but a hollow point or talon round will cause a massive exit would and shred everything in its path. 

It all depends on the location on their body where they were shot. and the type of ammunition they were shot with.

Winners v losers