Kam asked in Cars & TransportationMotorcycles · 6 months ago

Motorcycle Value?

I realize this might not be the best place to ask this but I'm trying to figure out the value of my 1982 Husqvarna 430cr dirtbike. I've owned it since high school but its time for me to part ways with it. Rough to start but once running its borderline terrifying, endless power. I had the Ohlins rear shocks rebuilt a few years ago. The only real issue is it does leak oil and the plastic fairings are original from 1982 so they're very brittle but still all there.

Looking for input from anyone that knows something about these motorcycles, please just keep your answer to yourself if you're just going to pull a guess out of thin air. Thank you!!!!

Favorite Answer

Between $1500-$3000

• adam

Dont see those come up for sale often. Its a great make and model. I would be asking 3500 firm on it. 

Pick your market carefully, get several interested buyers into a bidding war and you will be laughing all the way to the bank; stick it on Craigslist with half a description (like the one you have included here) and you will lose out.

That is what happens with bikes that are a certain age, approaching classic status, it looks great in the picture and if you can find enough interest from collectors should make a decent amount. I would suggest that in straitened times for so many that now is not a great time to sell.

That is a rare dirt bike.  Ask $2500.  Sell for $1700.