I want to go on a cruise next year and want to start planning. Anyone recommend a good travel agent?
- 3 days ago
You dont need a travel agent just call Carnival
- Den B7Lv 76 months ago
Either Jake or Kerry... they're both good.
- ObamavengerLv 76 months ago
Just go to the cruise line's web site.
- HerfnerdLv 76 months ago
Skip the TA and call the cruise lines directly. Since you posted a picture of a Carnival ship, they have their own TA's they call PVP's or Personal Vacation Planners.
There are travel agents online that will entice you with benefits like cabin upgrades, on board credits, excursions, etc. Definitely a nice perk but if you have any issues or need to make any changes, you will have to contact your TA - the cruise lines will not deal with you
And join Cruise Critic. Their forums are the best for information on cruising
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- FLv 76 months ago
I doubt if they could give away cruises right now. Are you really that keen to get Covid 19?
- Karen LLv 76 months ago
Why don't you tell us what part of the world you're in? I could tell you of a good travel agent but unless you live on northern Vancouver Island like i do you may not want to use that agent. Using one close to where you live is best.
- AJLv 76 months ago
There's really no reason to go to a travel agent unless there's some detail you are leaving out that would make it necessary.
If you can book airfare and a hotel stay online, you can do book a cruise.
You just have to figure out a few things (same as if you were using a travel agent) before doing a search.
1. When do you want to go? doesn't have to be specific can be a month. Remember, most cruises start on a Saturday or Sunday.
2. Where do you want to go / what do you want to see? just need the general area, western, eastern or southern Caribbean, Alaska, Mediterranean, etc.
3. Do you have a preference on where to depart from? If you live near one of the major cruise terminals, you don't have to then fly to the cruise city.
4. How much do you want to spend per person on just the cruise portion?
After you've answered those questions, I recommend using vacationstogo.com, which is a place to book cruises; however, just use it to search and see what fits your criteria like you would do for airfare on Kayak.
That should narrow down your choices to a point where you can look at each one and pick the one you want.
- Anonymous6 months ago
🥴 You realize you can do that for free, right? Set your own reservations?
- Kid MohawkLv 66 months ago
Considering the current state of things, this feels like a troll question, and yet the couple questions you've asked don't seem very trollish...
Anyway, Costco is excellent if you have a membership there.