Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOther - Health · 2 months ago

Are you immune to the coronavirus disease after recovering from it?

I've had COVID-19 but very small form

Right now even Fauci does not know.  It seems you are prone to catching it a second time and it will be worse.

Only a virologist or an epidemiologist can answer this question. As the lives are at stake none should attempt to answer such a question even.  

Source(s): GK
  • Star

Ask your doctor. I heard you can get it again.

• I would think so but I heard this virus doesn't work like that. 

• Fred

From what I have been reading it appears as so coronavirus is like the flu and mutates into new forms so you can catch the new strain with just as bad possible results as the old form of it.  Likely after the first year of it the virus will have affected the people who are most vulnerable and hopefully it will not affect the population as badly.  The Spanish flu killed millions back a century ago but after the first year did not seem to cause as many

deaths and society began to become more normal again so hopefully this form of flu will do the same.

That is my thoughts but I am not a doctor or expert.

Immunity appears to last only a few weeks, or maybe months. So yes, you can become immune--but it's not a PERMANENT immunity. Yes, you can catch it again. And the second time you catch it it may be worse. 

• Edna

You will be no more immune to corona virus after you catch it than you are to the flu virus after you catch the flu.

If you ever catch corona virus, the disease will cause antibodies will develop in your system, and they will show up in blood work. But those antibodies won't prevent you from catching corona virus again some time in the future. If corona virus antibodies are detected in blood work, that doesn't mean you have the disease now. It just means you were infected with corona virus at some time in the past.. 

It may be too soon to know whether a person who recovered from COVID-19 is fully safe. It is said that for some people who beat COVID-19 may have antibodies that do not linger after x-number of months. T-cells are the cells to fight viruses and bacteria alongside antibodies. It appears that if you have survived COVID-19 that your antibodies and T-cells will help protect you. The worse news about COVID-19 is it can attack your heart and make it weak. Some survivors of COVID-19 remain safe but weak for months after beating the virus. Some people report that after 6 months surviving the virus, their health has not returned. You must remember that although CONVID-19 is from a large virus family, CONVID-19 is so new to the world that many after problems can occur.

harrald 

• kelvin

no no you are not

There is currently no evidence that people who have recovered from COVID-19 and have antibodies are protected from a second infection...so far.