Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceSmall Business · 2 months ago

How do you keep tract of your online accounts? ?

If you sign up for many online accounts that have reaccuring payments how to you keep tract of all of them so you don’t forget to cancel payments for ones you no longer use?  

• Jay
    Favorite Answer

I use Quickbooks and I have set it to give me alerts.

I always maintain a calendar reminder one day before the due date.

Just make a plan for it.

Personally, I only have one account that auto pays.  It isn't hard to keep track of just one.  Everything else I have, I use "bill pay" on my bank website and just put the payments in when the bill arrives.  (I still get paper statements on everything so that I keep track of my bills that way.)

If I had several accounts that did auto pay without sending statements, I would probably write it in a journal and keep it near my computer.  I avoid putting any account and password information actually on the computer just in case my system would ever be compromised.   

You can also track these by using the same credit card for all of them and then checking your credit card statement once per month to keep track of what has been coming out of the account.  When you see something you no longer use - cancel it.  

I don't really have automatic payments going too far in the future. I have auto pays set for accounts where I always have plenty of money and if I choose to pay from elsewhere I do it a day prior.

If its that hard for you, maybe you should just have one bank account?