Why do people hate Macbooks so much?

I hear a-lot of hate amongst macbooks. Why is this? I bought a macbook air in 2018 and it still runs just as fast as it did when i bought it. Ive never had any issues with it let alone any viruses. I know they aren't gaming computers but I play on a console anyways. Ive had several windows laptops in the past and they all were so slow and id have nothing but problems with them. Im just curious why macs are hated so much? 

Apple/Macintosh/iPhone = Overpriced, over hyped junk!

People hate macbooks because,They don't have a print screen button or for some people that they are CUTE.

Apple in general sells low-quality products for outrageous prices.

Just buy something that runs Android or Windows. They're (on average) half the price, but with better specs and don't slow down as they age.

Pros of Macbook :

Macbook Air is Environment-Friendly and Recyclable.

Cons of Macbook : 

Slow Performance.

Limited Storage Capacity.

The hardware is pretty good the default software/operating system not so much...

Source(s): run one with an arch and ubuntu dual boot 👍
  • Shadow

There are several reasons for the hate towards Mac's and Apple products in general.

Firstly, it's because they're unreasonably expensive compared to similar products and most people cannot afford them or refuse to spend that kind of money.

Secondly, they're full of limitations. You need specific hardware to upgrade or repair a Mac and if you have an iPhone, then you're stuck with the limitations of storage and the like.

Thirdly, repairs and support for the products are limited due to the way the Mac's are built. They also have a limited lifespan. They may physically last for years but after 5 years has past for the specific product line, they are no longer supported and are referred to 'antiques' and Apple will refuse to assist you with them.

Although they are not designed for gaming, they do process graphics based tasks extremely well when using programs like Photoshop, Premiere Pro and AutoCAD, much like a Quadro card. 

In terms of viruses, there are more and more viruses being created for Mac's due to the increase in the popularity of those devices. Granted there are exponentially more viruses for Windows based devices however, getting a virus boils down to the user, mainly, and not the machine itself, regardless if a Mac or Windows PC.

I have a PC that I built back in 2009 and it actually runs faster than the day I built it because I upgraded the main drive to a SSD. So I don't see your point. 

Viruses? Well if you stay away from shady sites, aren't tempted by "FREE" offers or programs, and you don't open emails from a Nigerian prince then you probably won't get a virus. The last time I got a virus was when I was using Windows 7 and that was a long time ago. In reality, most viruses are made for Windows because that's the OS most businesses, banks, and government agencies. Most viruses are written to extort money, and there is not much money to extort from a college student with a Mac or people like Colly. 

Because for the price of a mac, you can get a windows- based pc that is quite a bit more powerful

Macbooks are hard to modify (adding ram etc.) Are also slower because of size.

I can only speak for myself, but I find apple products to over-hyped and too expensive for what you get. I have had a HP for the last 7 years and mine has been excellent. Good speed, good gaming capability (although that was not the purpose for buying it) and has never needed repairing for any issue. I don't hate apple, but I refuse to pay their crazy prices for hype, when other products are just as good and way less expensive.