Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsDiabetes · 2 months ago

How does a person know they are diabetic without ever being diagnosed?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

If you are experiencing the following - 

1. More hunger than usual

2. Fatigue 

3. Urinating more often 

4. Feeling thirsty always

5. Dry mouth 

6. Itchy skin 

7. Blurred vison 

These are the early signs of diabetes and if not diagnosed properly and taken care of can increase. Blk hospital is a good hospital to get diagnosed for diabetes because someone in my family also has diabetes and his treatment was done in blk hospital. The doctors were good and gave the right consultation. 

• 2 months ago

The main symptoms of diabetes are excessive thirst, excessive hunger, excessive secretion of urine and weight loss.

Links:-

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diabetes

https://medlineplus.gov/ency/article/001214.htm

• 2 months ago

Many people with type 2 diabetes or LADA can go years without being diagnosed because the body can become “unaware” of the symptoms of high blood sugar. (Similar to how type 1 diabetics can become hypoglycemic unaware).

I don’t know how common it is for people to know without being officially diagnosed. But some common symptoms are increased thirst, frequent urination, and fatigue. 

They could also go to Walmart, buy a glucose meter and test their blood sugar. They can replicate a fasting blood sugar test. Test blood sugar (wash hands first)  before breakfast in the morning after 8 hours without eating. If fasting blood sugars are greater than 100mg/dL then that’s a sign they have pre-diabetes. I believe the cutoff for type 2 is 126mg/dL.  

However there’s no replacement for your doctor. Always consult your physician for medical advice 

• 2 months ago

--  A person can guess if they are constantly thirsty, sometimes feel dizzy or tired and lethargic, have fainted after eating a lot of sugary foods.

--  If the person suffers from those symptoms they need to visit their family doctor who would immediately do a finger prick blood-glucose test which will give an answer.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

They don't. Many type 2 diabetics are never diagnosed. 

• 2 months ago

Technically, you don't.  Legally, it has to be a practising medical doctor that diagnoses diabetes.  Until that time all you can do is state that you're experiencing symptoms of diabetes.

• kelvin
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

well they do not............

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I have no idea. I would think mostly obese people get it. I am obese but my tests always come up negative. Don't know why. It could be hereditary. A person may never know they are a diabetic unless they are diagnosed.

• 2 months ago

You check your blood sugar level with a finger prick meter. Fast, easy, and very precise. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.