Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 4 months ago

Why do people say ''passed away'' instead of died?

''passed away'' is longer to say. The meaning is ambiguous and imprecise. As if some people are having trouble dealing with reality so they bull$hit themselves with made up words. 

i use the term kicked the bucket,its all the same thing and its to the point;

Source(s): I USE THE TERM KICKED THE BUCKET! LOOK IF SOMEONE DOES NOT LIKE IT WHO CARES IT STILL GETS TO THE POINT!

Sounds less upsetting. 

Because it sounds colder if someone says "died" and more caring and respectful if they say "Passed away."

its a religious thing that nearly everyone uses now, it basiclly means passed on, went away it was used to mean passed on to the other side"go to heaven or hell or where ever"

because they thing the jerk "passed away" into heaven, lmmfao!  no death; just a nifty slight of physics and away we go to heaven.

It’s about trying to be sensitive to people who may not want to hear the word ‘died’.

I like "passed away into God's presence."   I am a Christian and I believe absent from the body, present with the Lord.

• J P

Passed on has specific meaning. Precise references to death abound; however, sometimes the description is unwarranted. For example, I could say "Your relative had a stroke because a cerebral aneurysm burst, leading to seizure and death." That's precise. But it's cold and cruel, in my opinion. "Passed on" is a spiritual reference with exact original meaning about "one's reward," and could also reference reincarnation or even the next form of biological life when not used in a Christian context. But originally it meant that one moved from this life to the next. It's easily researched. So, although we've lost touch with its meaning, it is a precise expression.

Source(s): phrases.org.uk/meanings/278400.html

Cause it's warm-hearted and easier than blunt died that word makes people wanna go into deep depression and anxiety I know it from 1st example 

• Jesere

Crossing over,  passed away, died are basically synonymous