Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 2 months ago

Why do people always say that suicide is a permanent solution to temporary problems?

Like who gives a crap, it's still a solution. 

Life in general is temporary anyway, so what's so bad about cutting it short? If I'm not enjoying a movie in the theatre, then I walk out. That's not a bad thing and even logical. So what's so bad and wrong with killing yourself if you aren't enjoying life?

Life is not as valuable as most people think. We humans are just egotistical. And humans are overpopulating the Earth, so suicide is not that bad. I'm not even sad and don't feel sorry for myself, just annoyed and don't care, sick of work, bills, etc.

And I don't care if my loved ones get sad. Stop being a crybaby and move on. People die everyday, not a big deal.

@Shadow, I didn't thumb you down, but I don't care if I'm a quitter. So what if I am? Not everyone is a winner and strong. I'm a very lazy and weak-hearted person, lazy people aren't meant for this world.

@Hal- Sure, if you can find it, take it all. I'll be dead, so I don't care.

• Jim2

What if there is in fact an afterlife? These are allegedly true near-death experiences:

https://www.near-death.com/experiences/suicide/ang...

https://www.near-death.com/experiences/exceptional...

It’s always bothered me when people say that because some problems are forever. Not all problems are temporary... some things just can’t be fixed

Cause when you give up and give out well that's it you feel your life is worth no more meaning in this world 

well life is all i know so i might as well push through hard times, idont know... thats just how i see it.. hope i helped

Some people do not think of having a bad disease.

Things are going to get better even if they seem hopeless. For example, Mandela spent 27 years in prison. He stayed strong and was released and became president of his country and did a lot of good and had a great and happy life because he stayed alive. I know of someone who was severely depressed for many years and was able to recover and live a happy life. There was a time I felt hopeless and miserable but now I am very happy I decided to stay alive.

Source(s): .

because they can't empathize with the person's plights

they do out of their way to act like your the selfish one when they don't give a crap about you.

they want you to "fight" to keep suffering the abuse you are going through and they don't want to acknowlage not all problems are temperary.

example 

the fact the us belives pedophiles don't deserve protection from abuse because they have pedophilic disorder is not a temperary situation.

the fact the US  used pedophiles to violate my right not to be abused because they don't acknowlage fictosexuality as a sexual oreiantation and the fact the LGBT is being given privliges i don't get is not temperary

cancer with no cure that is really painful is not a temperary situation

the fact my state thinks a rapeist is entitled to force me to let them see a kid they did not get consent to concive because i am anti abortion thus endanger my and my childs life because ALL RAPIST WILL RAPE KIDS is not temperary

they refuse to acknowlage that  they are the ones being selfish asking you to keep suffering for their sake because they would miss you.

• Stella

It's true life is temporary.

But it's literally all that there is.

If you walk out on a movie, so what?

You go get pizza, you go home to sleep or read a book, whatever.

If you kill yourself .   . 

.

Talk to someone and give yourself a chance. Please! Don't be ashamed to ask for help.. 

Can I have all of your stuff?