Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesDancing · 4 months ago

I am taking a class called "cultural diversity in contemporary literature" ?

Can anyone briefly explain what the class would be about and what should I do to prepare myself better? 

• Marli
    Favorite Answer

"Books and Authors", not "Dancing". 

It's about literature that was probably written from the past 100 years to the present.  The authors  could be from several nations, or from several ethnic groups in one country (such as Blacks, Chinese, Indians, Indigious, French, Italians, Arabs, Caribbeans, Africans in Canada)

Ask about the course where you are enrolled in it.  

When the libraries reopen, take a walk along the Dewey Decimal 800s shelves. Get acquainted with that section.  Among books by and about  Shakespeare, Margaret Atwood, James Joyce and other big names, you might find books by "non-white" Europeans / North Americans and books by non-European / non-North American authors.

Why have you signed up for a class that you don't know anything about?

"Black good, white bad" ... and don't you forget it !!

You're probably not going to do well in it. Try to get out of it.

Modern writers from different cultural backgrounds. My guess is there will be a reading list and discussions. There should have been a short synopsis or description of the curriculum listed when you signed up.

WRONG FORUM. Try again in the EDUCATION  category, not the DANCE  forum. Fail. If you can't get this simple task right I can't imagine how you'll pass that course. Good luck. You'll need it.